🖤~Zenon Zogratis - It's Not Your Fault - Part Two~🖤

Trigger Warnings: Fighting, Blood, Violence, Threats, Manipulation, Past Trauma, Insults, Kidnapping

Your father left you a while back now. After introducing the woman- Ciel- he left to join the battle. Reinstated as a member of the Mage defence force. You sat by Ciel at a table covered in plans. That was when you realised how long this had been decided. You didn't resent your family; they were all you had. However, you didn't agree with their actions.

You sat in silence with the Queen of the Spade Kingdom, who was worried for you. It was a lot for an eight-year-old to take in. She forgave Zenon without a seconds thought. He wasn't to blame for this.

"It's all his fault... It's all Uncle Lucius' fault..." You murmured out. It wasn't the first time you'd murmured that. You hugged your knees to your chest, hiding your face as best as you could, letting the blanket keep you warm. Ciel was more than worried for you. She prayed the fight would be over soon so that everything could be okay, maybe once you had Zenon again, you'd calm down. She just didn't know what to do.

Ciel stood up right as mages began to pile in. "It's over" Ciel smiled, she was relieved. These long years were finally over. "Queen Ciel" Ralph bowed down to her, "we found him."

The man with the black ponytail appeared from the shadows with another male- the green mage. He looked like the queen. "This is the current queen of the Spade Kingdom, her royal highness Ciel Grinberryall. Your mother" Ponytail man told the green mage. Ciel's eyes filled with tears, and she smiled, "Yuno...! I'm so glad you're safe. Just look at you... You're all grown up!" She ran towards him, hugging him.

Ciel looked over Yuno's shoulder to ponytail man, "thank you." He just nodded before turning to you. He walked over. You tried to shuffle away as best as you could. He knelt down beside you, "how are you feeling?" You didn't answer his question. "My name's Nacht, what's yours?" "... my name's (Y/N)..." "It's nice to meet you (Y/N)." You just tried to ignore him, continuously shuffling away.

Spatial portals appeared and all the fighters from Clover and Heart piled in, one after another. Nacht stood up and ruffled your hair before walking over to the others. You looked around discreetly, trying to stop your father, but he wasn't there. He was just running late, that's what you told yourself. You curled back into your blanket. Those who were paying attention to you, saw the look in your eyes. It made them feel sad.

"My queen!" A voice interrupted. A resistance member covered in scars entered hurriedly. "What is it?" Ciel turned to face him. He dragged your father in, his hands twisted behind his back. "This traitorous scum stole one of our uniforms and tried to blend in with the crowd! I'd recognise that creepy magic anywhere! Zenon, you damn wimp!" He shoved Zenon against the wall. "John" Zenon greeted, his voice sour.

"Papa!" You jumped up, wanting to run to him. Zenon's eyes caught your own, "it's okay." "John let him go, now. I've already pardoned Zenon and reinstated him as a member of the Mage Defence Force" Ciel told him, her face matched her tone, deadly serious. "My queen, why would you do that? The freak-" "Enough. Do not try to go against my word, John." John let go of your father, throwing him away. Zenon shook his arms out and regained his footing, "thank you, my queen."

"Papa!" You ran up to him, jumping into his arms. He caught you, holding you close, "hey, sweetie. I'm back." He placed a hand on the back of your head, rocking you slightly. You held onto him tightly. You didn't want him to go again. Never again.

"Freaks like you shouldn't have children. You scare them or worse... you'll pass on that god-awful magic." Zenon froze, he couldn't bring himself to move. "Creepy little guy. His bones shoot out of his body." He held you to his chest so you couldn't see John. He refused to face John. How could he now?