🖤~Zenon Zogratis - It's Not Your Fault - Part 3~🖤

Trigger Warnings: Fighting, Manipulation, Violence, Abuse, Mind-Control, Traumatizing Past, Kidnapping, Restraints

"He... took... her...?" Everyone one looked to Zenon, who spoke so slow out of fear of their answer. No one could reply, but the look in Asta's eyes told him everything. Zenon slowly began backing up, shaking his head in disbelief, "please. No. Please... say it's a joke..." Asta looked down. Zenon ran outside, straight to where he felt Lucius' mana. It was an empty field with blood. This was where they fought. Searching around for any sign, he was frantic.

That's when he spotted it, shimmering in what little light seeped though the clouds. He approached shine, dropping to his knees in front of it. He scooped it up along with a pile of snow, beginning to brush the snow away. It was necklace made of silver with a flat plate in the middle that read 'my little sunshine.'

Zenon's eyes were quickly overwhelmed by tears. He clutched the necklace to his chest as he hunched over. "No. Gods no. Please..." He cried. "Not her... he can't take her. Not her too. Please. Please, I'm begging you. Not her too." Everyone that followed him out saw him crying in the middle of the snow. Lolopechka raised a hand to her mouth which she gasped into. Ciel had a look of horror on her face. Nacht looked at him pitifully, as did Fuegoleon, William, Yami, and Patri.

"We have to save her." Nacht muttered. "I agree." Ciel nodded. "Someone we saw as evil, is breaking down in front of us. Because we failed to protect a single child. That alone carries it's own disgrace" Fuegoleon stated. Yami pulled the cigarette from his lips, blowing the puff of smoke out, "here I was thinking he was some big bad-bad guy. But, in truth, he's just a baby in a uniform." "Yami" William scolded.

"I thought he was the bad guy. I was wrong." Nacht looked at the ground. He couldn't' help but think of Morgen at a time like this. Morgen would never had let this happen. He'd never had lost a child in a fight. He'd have coddled that child and adored it with all the love and praise it needed. 'He's just like me. Broken inside. Only, we covered it up in different ways.'

Nacht pulled himself together and approached Zenon. Placing a hand on the male's shoulder he looked down to him calmly, "we'll get her back. Don't doubt that." "He's taken everyone from me... He can't take my daughter too..." "We'll get her back, and make sure he pays." Nacht promised.

Turning back, his eyes met Asta's, "what can you tell me about him?" "He used Time Magic and had a double Spade Grimoire. His mana was overwhelming" Yuno stated. "And he looked like the Wizard King before he turned into a kid!" Asta added on. "The Wizard King?" Fuegoleon, Yami, and William looked to Asta. "Yeah, exactly the same!" "You hit your head, kiddo?" Yami looked at him like he was an alien.

Zenon raised his head and looked back at them. "Do you have a photo? Of your Wizard King?" Zenon inquired. "Why?" "Cause the only malicious mana I feel here is Lucius and Astaroth's... No one else's." "Nope. Sorry" Yami shrugged.

William reached into his coat and pulled out a photo of him with Julius. "Here... It's many years old though" William limped towards Zenon, holding the image out to him. Zenon carefully took the photo with two hands, looking it over. His eyes widened and he dropped the photo in shock, retracting his hands quickly, holding them to his chest. Zenon's heartbeat quickened, racing in his chest.

"What's wrong? Is he that ugly?" Yami looked at Zenon in confusion. Zenon reached into the pocket of his pants. Retrieving a folded photo, he opened it, throwing it down into the snow beside the other photo before backing away. "I kept it to remind myself of the stakes I lived upon." Zenon starred away from the photos. Nacht bent down and looked over the two photos, his eyes widening in shock. Nacht looked up at the royals, "that's not Julius Novachrono. That's Lucius Zogratis." Everyone's eyes widened.