24. months away

Zack pov:

It's been a few months since Ashia left in the pack, and I am starting to regret letting her go.

After our talks that night at my place, she's been nothing but friendly yet civil in our relationship during  our 4 remaining months at senior high. I don't really mind it though as long as I can spend time with her.

By then everyone already knows that we are mates and she is my future Luna. Schoolmates and members of the packs eventually began to show my mate the respect she deserves, although there are still some who dislikes her, mostly my past flings, Thankfully they don't openly show it. Of course I wont allow anyone to disrespect my beloved.

As days gone by I can feel the increase of the mate bond pull on her. Now I am truly convinced when the elders said, an  alpha has immense pull of bond in his mate and can be overly obsessive and protective different from ordinary wolves.

Our parents enthuasiastically support our so called 'relationship', in which I'm not sure of the status of.

After our graduation, as a part of our promise that night I helped her convince the luna and alpha and her parents about her studying outside. our land. While I remained in the pack to train as my father wants me to  take over his position as alpha.

And now its been 6months since she left.

" you can visit her you know?" Ralp my beta sighed

"My wolf is sad about her leaving but we promised to let her study for four years away from here"

i took a deep breath and tilted my head up as I leaned on my swivel chair t my office.

" four years..." I said looking at the ceiling

" four.... fucking... four... years... and Its only been six months now since she left but Im already dying inside"

" ahem... Well we can't really blame her do we?"

Ralp was my trusted beta we have been the best of friends since we were kids. He just came back from vacation with his family, on his mother's former pack. He was so shocked when he learned  that Ashia was my mate and about what other things happened while he was away.

I nodded, with a disappointed look
"  I messed up... big time Ralp and this is what I have to pay"

"Well...she asked you to allow her to study outside the pack, she never said that you can't give her a visit, every once in a while right.?"
I frowned then turned my head fast to look at him.

" yeah? So?" Looking at him like he has growing horns on his head.

With One eyebrow raised he said

" dont look at me like that, I am just suggesting... I'm so tired of looking at you working to the bones everyday, with deadpan soul less face, sighing every fucking minutes. Everyone is walking on edges with your temper, for those whole six months and we all know the reason why "