81. beginning of the war

Weeks had passed since the revelation of my sister. Zack had been double times more attentive and clingy to me. We never talked again about what happened, nor did he ask anything from me. It's like, he just accepts the truth as it is.

And though I'm thankful that he still chose to be with  me after all that happened. I'm still worried about  the rogue king treats. And I can feel he was worried twice as I am.

My sister, Ashiana escaped, a few nights after that, she had gone rogue leaving the pack severing the ties with us. And though my heart breaks for her I cannot utterly disagree with her decision to run away, for I too would do that if ever I was put into her shoe. Seeing the love of your life happy with someone else is too heartbreaking.

My trance broke at the sound of loud howls of not just one wolf. It was an alarm,of a break in.. and judging by how the wolf howls it was not just a few rogue attack. It was an all out war. It had begun.

There was a break in. I ran as fast as I could to the packhouse lobby. As soon as the elevator dings open I saw pack members rushing in,kids, elders and women most. Several warriors had gathered in front of the entrance of the pack house mansion ready to defend.

I spoke loudly for them to hear and calm them. After all it was my role as their Luna. We had been preparing for this for weeks and we knew this is coming.

"Listen! All of you calmed down, the signal of a war has been alarmed. But our warriors and alpha have gone to protect us all. Rest assured, that we have the best warrior in all the land to protect us."

Some calmed down and others still worry written on their face for their loved ones safety. I peaked into the window The warriors out side the place was scattered ready to defend.

I worriedly scanned the place hoping to find my mate though it would be futile to do that, when I know, in case a war broke in, he himself would be running in front of his warriors in the face of danger, instead of staying inside the pack house mansion.

I just hope the rogues would not be able to get into the pack house cause that would only mean that the first and second defense had been breached and that would mean that my mate is in danger, wounded, or worse... killed.

The fight had begin and howls of the battle cry in the border can be heard up to here, the childrens are crying with their mothers, worried for their fathers and brothers fighting in the field. The elders remained calm leading the prayers for the moon goddess.

Some of the she wolves who can fight gather at the front with me.

'He is coming for you!' the voice of my sister rings in my head as i nervously pace back and forth in front of the large door.

I was no coward, I am the Luna and in case of worse.... I'll be the first one to defend this remaining pack members inside the pack house.