38. just for today

I was awaken when a hard and heavy thing wraps my waist. I already can smell the enticing smell of my mate but I remained unmoving with tight closed eyes, like I was still asleep.

I know what is happening, it was just like a cliche in every romance story when the female lead wokes up wrap in embraced by the male lead. A romantic scene where you wake up looking at your handsome protagonist. Only, I am not the female lead of the story.

But I dont care! I just woke up and decided I want to enjoy this today after that exhausting argument with both jed and Zack, last night.

Just for today, I want to admit to myself that I missed this man whom I was attracted to from the moment we kissed, back on that full moon night. It was not as strong as a pull from a werewolf bond but I admit it was there. The strong attraction of woman to a man she desires.

And who could blame me? When he always acts like He was a hollywood actor, hot as hell, always pleading for my love.

He would pursue me relentlessly during those remaining days I spent with him before I left the pack's territory to study here.

How I tried to push him away so many times. I thought I was fine all along, but I can see now that every hard work is futile.

After I saw him again last night, my beating heart cannot lie anymore.. I admit I might have been smithen already with this ethereal beautiful man whom I cannot have .

I know Years from now he will feel that mate bond with Ari and will totally forget about the weakening bond between us.

He was bound for her not me. Ours, were already severed from the moment the plot of rejection happened and all that was left was the tiny spark he felt for me. I was not even the true ashia. He will soon leave me to pursue another mate. His true mate in this story.

It may be love for me but for him it was not. All feelings he has for me  now was all because of that stupid scheme of that stupid Moon Goddess. And now I am starting to hate this story which my sister write.

I moved facing him, and wrapped my arms around his muscled abdomen which I realized were bare. With my eyes still close, I felt him stiffened. I nearly smirk with his reaction.

' he was not expecting me to hug him back' 

I  internally laugh

'aaaawww this was nice. Let's just stay like this forever with mate'

kira was happy feeling her mate.