79. promise

We were both silent, As we entered our pad. After the confrontation, Zack wanted Ari or shall I call her Ashia now, to be thrown out into one of our packs jail on the grounds of disrespecting the Luna.

But I pleaded for my sister, truly blood was thicker than water. So instead he held Ari on a house arrest guarded by some of our pack warriors. She was hysterical, and wanted to hurt me and keep on begging for Zack to choose her.

I couldn't erase the sight of her shaking in fear. She was somehow unable to accept the reality that Zack chose to be with me. She had gone mad and kept on murmuring and repeating the words 'he would kill him. elias is coming! It will happen again!' while her hands tremble along with her lips.

The warriors and few of the pack members who responded when Zack called was shock to see her on that state. She was unresponsive to anyone, encaged with her own thoughts.

I hate to see her like that. Losing her love was taking a toll on her. And somehow I hate myself for taking her happiness, But I knew in my heart I wouldn't be able to hold onto my sanity if I ever gave way to her. It would be me who would have gone into madness.

I took a deep breath to ease the heavyness in my heart and let out a sharp exhale to calm me down but unexpectedly let out a sob.

In an instant a big calloused hand pulled me into a tight and needing hug. My tears and sob escaped uncontrollably.

I felt so safe and secure in his arms that So I cried and cried unto his chest  he just hug me caressing my back, letting me cry all out, not uttering a single word.

After crying for seems like nearly 30mins, I notice I was now on  Zacks lap and he was carrying me while sitting on the couch.

"Im sorry." I whispered

"what for? You have nothing to be sorry for." He said wiping the tears from my cheeks with his thumb as he cuo my face.

I just look at him and whisperes "I love you"

"And I love you more."

" but I... Im not -"

"Yeah.. you are not Ashia? You are Ari.. I told you I heard"

"I'm not your m-mate.. I dont even know who I am anymore..." I tried to tell him straight but some how my voice broke, as my tears begun to flow again.

"Shh.. dont cry... if you want to be called arriane then You will be my arriane, if you want to be hanna then so be it. You don't know who you are? Then I'll tell you who you are..  you are my Luna... my love...you..are my life..."

He buried his head to the crook of my neck. At the same time I burried mine on his.

"I'm scared" i confess.

"Shh... You dont need to do anything.. I'll protect you, I'll protect us. You just need to stay here beside me.okay? Trust me please.. Promise me?"

"Hmm"

" I needed to hear it love"

"I promise."