5. The encounter with Mario

Zadhea couldn't react for a long time. She sat there like a statue, staring into nowhere.

"Mi-Minosha, Are you alright?" Lady Evelyn asked nervously.

"Don't fucking call me that," Zadhea snapped at her angrily, her chest going up and down.

Since she learned the truth, she didn't want to hide her true self anymore.

Maybe they weren't really the reason for her tragedy. But still... She was pushed into this world because of them.

Damn! She didn't even read that motherfucking novel but here she was... Becoming the villainess just because they had kind of similar names.

Damnit! She hated them! She hated herself! She hated everyone!

Theresa took a deep breath and then released it slowly before talking again.

"I don't know why you are so angry, Minosha. I-I mean Zadhea. But you know... We should accept the truth. We should accept the challenges coming to our lives. We can't complain others for our destiny. So don't curse the author. Don't curse the character you have become..."

"...I know."

"Just listen to me. Don't talk. Do you know how I ended up in here?"

Zadhea became silent. She was so irritated earlier. Because of that, she couldn't even pay attention to other things. Nonetheless, she very well knew that to go to another world, you should die. That means...

"You died. But how?"

Theresa's mind went back to her past life. To be honest, her death was kind of hilarious. She went to the hospital to take care of Minosha the moment she learned about her deadly accident.

The hospital floor was somehow wet with water maybe due to rainy weather. She was in a rush so... She slipped and fell backwards, hitting the back of her head against the corner of a trolley nearby and then boom!

She ended up here after having a small chat with someone who introduced herself as a 'System'.

Zadhea became stupefied before slowly mumbling, "Theresa, thank you! Thank you so much for your kindness!"

It seemed like she wasn't the only one who died because of someone else's well-being.

"It's nothing. The system told me to continue helping you. That's why I am here. So please bear with me."

"Gosh! Thank you, Lady Evelyn. Your support is necessarily required. I hope you support me throughout my mission."

"Zadie, don't be so formal. We are friends, aren't we?"

"Yeah, Indeed. Gosh, I feel so relaxed. Finally, someone familiar to me, is here with me. What a relief." With a soft sigh, Zadhea closed her eyes, placing her back against the tree trunk.

"Honestly, I feel like you are a different person," Said Evelyn.

"What did you mean by that?" Zadhea lazily asked, her eyes closed.

"You always seemed to shut yourself from others. You seemed to distant yourself from us. You looked cold and unapproachable..."

This time, Zadhea opened her eyes and looked at Evelyn deeply.

"No, Evie. I didn't deliberately shut myself. It's just... I felt like I don't suit you guys. Like I'm different from you."

"Everyone is different. Everyone has their own, unique personality."

"Yeah, I know but... I'm way too different." 'Like a mature aunt. How can I explain that to you?'

"It's fine as long as you won't shut yourself anymore."