31. I wanna be an empress

Zadhea aimlessly rode her horse as she passed through cities, markets and other public places until she reached the forest which located a little far from the royal palace.

Luckily, because she was wearing a long black hoodie, no one could recognize her.

Shimu became a bit excited as they entered the forest. He jumped up while letting out a happy neigh.

"Easy, boy. Easy." Zadhea stroked his back in order to calm him down. However, instead of relaxing, the horse became happier as it stood from two legs.

Thud!

Zadhea directly landed on her butt.

"Ouch! Shimuuuu!" She glared at the horse.

Rising to her feet, Zadhea looked around curiously, her anger dissipated long ago.

Holding her horse's reins, Zadhea walked deeper into the forest, being cautious of every single step she took.

The horse also became silent as if he could understand his master.

"Caww... Cawww..."
A gurgling croak sounded out of nowhere, as a giant looking crow, probably a raven, flew away, almost touching the princess's shoulder.

"Ohmoo!" Zadhea gasped as she held her chest. The raven almost made her soul leave her body.

Again, the forest became silent as if nothing had happened.

The horse huffed loudly as if he was cursing the crow who scared his master.

Zadhea's sixth sense told her to go back as a strange feeling filled in her heart.

The forest was mysteriously too quiet.

"Shimu, let's go back."

She was about to turn around when she suddenly heard a deep, male voice.

"Wait."

There was a rustling sound against dry leaves till a tall figure appeared in front of her, towering over her.

"What's the rush?" He smirked a little, observing the girl closely.

Once again, he was surprised by her beauty. She looked like an elf. A beautiful one. Her wavy red hair kissed her hips as her eyes lingered on his. During their first meeting, he didn't pay much attention to her beauty. But of course, it didn't mean he didn't notice it. In fact, it was the first thing he noticed.

This time, he could adore her more.

Underneath her hoodie, a simple looking yet elegant dress hugged her curvy body perfectly. She looked more beautiful when she wore dresses instead of pants and shirts.

"Dewinn?!" Zadhea let out a surprised gasp. "What are you doing here in the middle of a forest?"

Her question made him tilt his head.

"Did you forget our meeting?"

"No, but... It's obviously not here."

"You mean you want to go to royal gardens? You don't trust me?"

Zadhea felt a little helpless because of his bullets like questions.

She thought of answering him honestly. "Yes, I don't trust you. What if you aren't truly a wizard? What if you are here on a mission to kill me secretly? What if..."

"That's enough, Zadhea." Dewinn's voice sounded hurt.

It was the first time he called her by her name.

Zadhea felt bad as she lowered her head guiltily. "I'm sorry."

"No need to say sorry." Although he said that, his facial expressions betrayed his words. "Who can trust someone like me who's pathetic and don't have anyone else in this world apart from my master? If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have survived." Tears gathered in his eyes as he sniffed. "Sometimes, I feel like dying because... It hurts so much."