62. Sad poem

After asking for directions from a senior student, Zadhea finally reached the library. There, as expected, she could see her bestie immersed in a book already. She slowly stepped towards her without making a sound, fearing that she might disturb others since everyone there was so quiet. There were only ten students in the library. That place was quite spacious, with tons of racks filled with thick and thin books, especially very old ones.

"Hi, Evie!" She whispered in a low voice.

Evelyn got startled as she held her chest. "Gosh! You scared me!" She breathed out.

"Sorry. Hee hee." Zadhea pulled out a chair and sat next to her. "What are you reading?"

"Nothing interesting." Evelyn sighed as she closed the book and pushed it away, deverting her entire attention to the princess. Crossing her arms over her chest, she asked, "You just remembered my existence?"

Zadhea blinked her eyes, looking confused. "What?"

"You didn't even send me a letter, let alone visiting me." Evelyn huffed and looked away. "Bad friend! You aren't my best friend anymore."

"Don't say that!" Zadhea dramatically clutched her chest. "My heart breaks."

Evelyn rolled her eyes at her overdramatic reaction. "No, literally. Why didn't you send me a letter?"

Zadhea bit her lip, not knowing what to say. "It's just... I didn't know how to strike up a conversation. I meant... I was busy with some work and I really didn't know what to say to you. I thought since we stay together in the academy for three years, there's no need to bother you."

Evelyn widened her eyes, finding her answer ridiculous. "You think reading a letter is troublesome? Bro, are you nuts? I literally have nothing to do rather than reading."

"Shhh!" Zadhea looked around cautiously. "Are you a loudspeaker? Be quiet. Or else, others might hear you. By the way, don't call me bro. You are a lady, remember?!"

"Zadie, you really sound like the queen right now."

Zadhea sighed when she heard it. "Aaah, I miss them," She cried. "I couldn't even say goodbye."

"What did you mean by that?" Evelyn couldn't understand.

Just like that, Zadhea found herself telling her what happened.

"You mean... An evil spirit possessed your body?" Evelyn fell into a deep thought. "I can't remember such a thing from the novel though."

"My presence made the plot change almost completely, right? Mimosa wasn't a warrior and she clung onto Heidith like a leech all the time. Now I think about it, I regret not following her path. I should have become an ordinary villain, instead." Zadhea massaged her temples. "I'm such a fool."

"What are you saying? You don't need to become someone else." Evelyn felt depressed for her bestie.

"No, I messed up everything, Evie!" Zadhea put her head on the table. "I'm becoming worse. I have to hurt good people in order to maintain a proper distance from them."

"You meant... Heidith and Dreva?"

Zadhea was stunned. "How do you know?"

"Tsk!" Evelyn shook her head. "Gurl, I'm your bestie, ain't I? I know what you are thinking. Heidith is indeed a good person or else, why would the author make him the male lead in the first place? As for Stewina, she's good too."

"Stewina?"

"The female lead. Stewina Dreva Cristal. She's a good girl too but her weakness is anyone can make her their puppet. Simply saying, let's say you did something good to her, then she would trust you completely and you can control her as you like."