12. He's reluctant to get engaged

The day after the fight with Lucas, Zadhea didn't wake up early. On other days, she would usually wake up at six a.m. She never slept more than that.

A bit hesitatingly, a maid softly knocked on her wooden door.

"Mmm?" Zadhea murmured, still tightly closing her eyes.

"Your Highness, please get ready. The King and Queen are anticipating your presence at the dining area. They said that they have an important matter to discuss with you."

"...Got it."

Zadhea slowly opened her eyes. Her body felt a little sore and exhausted.

The day before, they continued fighting for four long hours! It was almost four a.m. when she left the garden, dragging her sweaty body to sleep. No wonder she felt tired and overslept.

She didn't even take a wash before sleeping. She just jumped onto her bed and slept like a pig!

'Yuck!' Remembering that, the clean freak girl quickly got up and forcefully dragged her body towards the bathroom.

It seemed like... She was still far from being professional enough to fight with the male lead.

Evelyn had said that fifteen years old Prince Heidith could fight with his soldiers for approximately eight or nine hours without even taking a rest.

Was he a non-human being?

Otherwise, how?

She sighed defectively.

Maybe she was just too weak.

After wearing a pair of comfortable white trousers and a purple colour shirt, Zadhea grabbed her sword and went to the dining area.

The dining room was situated in front of a small lake. The fragrance of white and red lotus flowers filled the area, carrying a hint of refreshment. There were various types of colourful fish swimming in the lake and some white swans motionlessly floated on the water. That scenery was indeed peaceful.

Zadhea felt better. She put her sword beside her before taking a seat next to the king.

Queen Margaret glared at her.

Zadhea: "..."

What did she do wrong this time?

"Why are you giving me death glare, mom?" Zadhea couldn't help but asking in a meek voice.

"You can't bring weapons to the dining room! It's ill-mannered!" Queen Margaret snapped at her.

Zadhea rolled her eyes.

"I'm going to practise soon, mom. It's convenient for me!"

"You can't practise today!" Queen Margaret drew the line. "You must come with me to go shopping."

"Shopping?" Zadhea narrowed her eyes.

It was the first time Queen Margaret asked her to go shopping with her. Because she knew her daughter didn't like that stuff. So she didn't bother to ask.

"Maybe next time," Said Zadhea, somehow coldly.

Queen Margaret took a deep breath to calm down her fury.

King Edwin patted the back of her hand, consoling her.

"I'll talk to her, dear. Don't worry," He whispered dotingly.

Then he turned to Zadhea, his gaze turning serious.

"Little warrior, listen to your mother. Tomorrow is your engagement." He threw a bomb at her.