41. Dylan (3)

The rouge who was holding Fimila, watched the drama with great interest and because of that, unknowingly, his grip on her loosened at some point. Taking advantage of it, Fimila slipped away like a little eel. She ran towards her mother and hugged her neck tightly, while hiding her face on her chest as she cried, her shoulders shaking.

Dylan smirked.

In the next second, he kicked off the dagger and it went flying, landing on a giant's foot. He screamed as blood flowed out like water rushed out from a broken tap. "Aaaah, it hurts, it huuuurts!"

Dylan didn't stop there. Using all his strength, he punished them like a madman. The rogues stopped being arrogant. They fell on the ground bloody and exhausted, begging him to stop hitting.

"Big brother, we are wrong, we are wrong. Please forgive us!" They touched his feet and started kissing them.

Dylan felt disgusted. He kicked away their faces.

Putting his hand on his pant pocket and tilting his head, he said, "I have questions for you. Answer me or..." His eyes sparkled in malice. "Just die." His voice emitted a freezing coldness.

The giant rogues shuddered as a shiver ran down their spines. "Of course, boss. We'll tell you everything you want to know. Just ask, just ask!"

"Who's your head? Your leader to be more precise."

His question made them look at each other. The toothless guy shook his head in disagreement. "Sorry, boss. We can't reveal anything regarding this matter."

"Is that so?" Dylan clenched his hands, ready to punch them again. His action made their souls almost leave their bodies.

"Of course not. We can answer you." Someone else quickly said.

Dylan wasn't fully convinced. "What if you lie?"

All of them shook their heads like a bunch of stinky rats. "We don't dare, boss. We don't dare."

Dylan let out a tsk. 'Useless cowards!'

Just like that, he asked lots of questions while squatting on the ground. When he was finally satisfied, he stood up.

"I want a few males," He said in a cold tone. But no one came forward. Everyone stepped backwards. Some people even secretly disappeared.

"Don't be scared." Dylan let out a defeated sigh. "With me here, they can't do anything."

In the end, five or six strong looking men came to his side hesitatingly. Dylan ordered them to tie the gangsters using ropes. He chose one of them to send a message to the royal soldiers. He waited for the soldiers to arrive and take the criminals away.

After everything was over, the atmosphere became calm again like the aftermath of a tornado.

Dylan gave his coat to the old lady. She thanked him and quickly put it on, covering her upper body. Her eyes brimmed with tears as she took his hand to rise up to her feet.

"Thank you, sir..."

"No need," Dylan cut her off. "Don't say anything, grandma. Just stay at home and take a good rest. Where are your family members?"

With a sigh, the old lady told him about her good-for-nothing son. Dylan nodded understandingly. He accompanied her to her house and waited for her to go inside before turning around. He happened to meet Fimu's and her mother's eyes.

He smiled at them. "Let's go." He took Fimu's soft hand as he walked.

Others looked at him as if they were looking at a god or a knight. They respectfully gave him space by stepping away and continued watching his actions until they saw the three of them enter the small house next to the lake. After they completely disappeared from their eye sights, the villagers left the place with empty and guilty hearts.

The moment Dylan stepped inside the house, he collapsed on the floor.

"Brother!" Fimila cried. She dropped on her knees and started shaking him violently. "Brother, please open your eyes. Don't leave me! Wuu hoo!"

"Fimu." Her mother stroked her back, consoling her. "He didn't die. He's just sleeping because he's tired after punishing the bad guys."

"Oh." Fimu finally relaxed.

The next few days, Dylan stayed in Fimu's house. Her mother treated his wounds with extreme care. As time passed, she began thinking of him as her own child. She helped him as much as she could, even without going out for work. Dylan insisted her to go but she refused firmly without a second thought.

One day evening...

"Auntie, that's enough. I'm full." Dylan showed his bulging belly as he said with a pout.

The woman nodded and kept the soup bowl away on a short table near the bed. She locked her eyes with him as she spoke. "Something's troubling you, right? Tell me what it is. So that I can help you."

She had noticed him diving into a deep thought recently. First she dismissed it. But gradually, she decided to ask when she saw him thinking way too much like he had debts to pay. Even if he had, she thought of trying her best to help him pay off them.

"Auntie, it's..." Dylan scratched behind his ear. "It's like this. My wounds are almost healed. I can take care of myself. I don't want to be a burden to you anymore."

"You wanna leave us?" The woman sniffed as tears collected in her eyes. "You aren't a burden, Dyl. Not at all."

She wanted him to stay with them forever. However, she knew that it was impossible. He had his own future to look forward to. She couldn't stop him from that. Thinking that way, she added, "Please stay a few more days before going."

"That won't do." Dylan firmly shook his head, determined. "I have to go now."

"Nowhh?!" The woman gasped in shock. "No way. At least spend the night here. You can leave first thing in the morning."

"No, auntie. I'm sorry for disobeying you this time. But I really need to go. I have to meet someone. I can't delay it any longer."

The woman lowered her head sadly. She couldn't bear to part with him.

"Okay, then." She stood up from the bed and went to her room. Meantime, Dylan got dressed and checked his stuff.

The woman went back to his room, carrying a wooden box with her. "Here's your jewellery box. Take it with you."

"No, auntie. It's for Fimu. She can have it all."

"Gosh, this boy!" The woman mumbled and glared at him. "Are you nuts? Take it. She doesn't need this much. Plus, how can you earn money in the future without these things?"

"It's fine, literally." Dylan smiled at her as a reassurance. "Let Fimu take them all. That way, she won't forget me in the future. Thinking of her wearing the jewelleries I gifted her makes me happy, auntie. Nothing can give me that pleasure."

Fimu's mother looked at the boy's disappearing figure until he was out of her sight. Slowly, her vision blurred as tears filled in her eyes. Letting out a sob, she covered her face in both of her hands. She was careful not to create noises, afraid of waking her daughter up who was peacefully sleeping in her room. If she learnt that her favourite buddy as well as her brother left her that evening, she would be very sad.

Fimu's mother knew she had to make up her mind in order to soothe her daughter's sorrow. Because of that, she cried to her heart's content. That way, later, she would be able to appear strong in front of her child.

Dylan stopped in his tracks as he turned around and looked at the small house near the lake for one last time.

Fimu, don't worry. I'll come back for you...

Thereafter, he went straight to a...

Brothel.