72. Unlucky... no, blind!

"Take a shot from this one too." Derek pushed a jug filled with red wine towards Heidith as he suggested enthusiastically. His voice sounded drowsy and his body swayed a little, showing signs of a light drunkenness. "It's from Hidellegrapes, the best town here for red wine you know."

Heidith forced himself to take a look before turning his head towards the opposite direction as his face began to turn dark. "No need," He barked. "It's the same colour."

"What did you mean by same colour? Of course, every red wine has the same red colour. You expect otherwise?" Derek's voice carried a hint of amusement and mockery as he stated, restraining himself from snickering.

His words made Heidith roll his eyes in annoyance and displeasure. Although he wasn't in a mood to talk, he found himself explaining, "Her hair... It's similar to red wine. So I don't need it!"

"Wait... What? You meant... Oh hoo!" Derek, the little tube light, clicked his tongue when he finally understood what Heidith meant. He laughed which sounded like of a dog's bark, making a loud clap using his hands, attracting people's gazes around them. "Your little fiancée... Indeed, she has such weird hair. It's not red and it's red at the same time. Solving a maths problem is easier than figuring out the exact colour of her hair." He shook his head. "We must leave it to our scientists I guess."

Heidith didn't say anything as he continued to gulp down his beer goblet in a quick manner as if he was in a competition.

"Bro, slow down!" Derek warned. "That's too much you know."

Heidith didn't even bother to spare a glance at him. After finishing one cup, he grabbed another. This time, it was a vodka jug.

Wait... Jug?

"Hey, are you crazy?!" Derek widened his eyes in shock when he witnessed that scene. "Don't tell me... you are gonna finish it all?! Broh! Don't act this way for a girl. It's not worth it!!!"

Derek usually skipped classes in the evenings to go to this regular bar he found a little far from the academy. Since the security officers only let them go out before night, he had to dress up like a gentleman and when he was outside, he quickly removed the valuable clothes and wore something haggard as he believed it was more thrilling to enjoy things like a commoner. Despite his efforts, others still followed him and respected him like he was a wealthy lord which he really didn't think of as a problem.

Especially when girls surrounded him like he was their only ray of sunshine...

Heidith firmly refused his request every time Derek asked him to accompany him to the bar. Heidith even threatened him saying that he would report it to the headmaster. But, as always, he spoiled his friend by keeping it as a secret from everyone. Derek was well aware of his behaviour hence he didn't dare to provoke the snake by hitting it using a stick by asking again and again. Instead, he found two servants to join his habitual journey. He didn't want other friends since he only considered Heidith as his bestest friend and he needed no one else.

He enjoyed his time alone... Nope, maybe with his girls... Of course. Thus it wasn't a problem to be alone.

Except...

All of a sudden, the best friend who advised him not to go there, actually wanted to join him, much to Derek's shock. Firstly, he thought he was joking until they went inside the bar. Eventually, he made up his mind to accept the reality unfolded before his eyes.

Soon, using his keen brain, Derek could figure out what the matter was.

A common problem most of the men faced when they were in love...

Sure enough!

Girls...

Pain in the butts...

Derek thanked himself for not falling in love with anyone as he kissed the back of his hand, admiring his own bravery. 'My Derek, aren't you the smartest?!'