26. Blossoming Love

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to all my lovely readers including Mdnhtglnce and vineeksha. Happy reading!╰⁠(⁠*⁠'⁠︶⁠'⁠*⁠)⁠╯

~~~~~~~~~~~~B⁠-⁠)~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dinuwa was the only village situated at the end of the forest. There were no other villages and towns around Dinuwa. Because of that, for a long time, it was isolated from the outside world.

The villagers in Dinuwa married each other and had families in the same village not daring to go anywhere. They didn't have the desire to break the cycle. Not only that, but also they were financially low. Simply saying, they were innocent, poor residents who lived in an inconvenient place like Dinuwa.

As for the village chief, he was an old man who had three strong sons. These sons took the responsibility to go to the main city once a year which was located far away.

They brought necessary items the villagers needed such as food, clothes and especially fish and salt. But most of the residents couldn't afford to buy rice and gains they brought.

However, everyone bought fish and salt since they were essential and couldn't be provided by the forest. As for other stuff, they could make them by themselves although the quality was cheap. For an example, clothes.

Nonetheless, the villagers didn't have proper weapons to go hunting. They were so poor. They could only catch a rabbit or deer from time to time. Thus, in winter, people without proper clothes, suffered the most.

They could only light a fire to avoid the bone chilling coldness. At night, they could barely sleep. Because, they had to evoke the fire that was slowly fading away.

It was truly an uncomfortable life.

The village chief warmly welcomed the guests who visited Dinuwa. It was undoubtedly a rare situation to be visited by outsiders. Hence, other villagers gathered in his house to witness this precious moment out of deep curiosity.

They were especially delighted to see the huge amount of wolves' skin. But they sighed secretly in their hearts. Seemed like those guests were merchants. Why did they choose their village to sell these items? Didn't they know that they were poor? Anyhow, they kept their mouths shut.

Heidith was sad to witness the bad condition of the village and the people who lived there. He secretly thought in his mind, 'After the marriage, we should try our best to improve both of our countries together.'

His eyes glistened at that thought. He was determined. He wished for the marriage to happen soon so that he could officially help the citizens of Edwina.

The village chief took a closer look at the wolves' skin. Without a doubt, he could see that the quality wasn't cheap at all. Suddenly, he had a slight headache. None of the villagers would be able to afford buying them.

"Sir," He addressed Heidith who appeared to be the leader of the small group. "We can't afford to buy such valuable items. I like to express my greatest gratitude but... I suggest you to go to the main city outside the forest to sell these."

Although he said that, he was extremely reluctant. But what else could he do?

Heidith quickly waved his hand in front of him. "No, no. We don't want to sell them."

The village chief frowned. He couldn't understand what he meant by that.

Heidith thought of explaining things when he saw his expression. "You guys can have it for free. We don't want money but... SOMETHING ELSE." He deliberately emphasized the last two words.