11. Let's fight

Zadhea squinted her eyes and looked closely behind the water fountain. Soon, a dark figure came to her sight. Under the dim candle light, she could see a young teenager who had a godlike figure and a very handsome face. It seemed like god did so much favour while creating his outer appearance.

What about his inner beauty? She'll find it out soon.

Lucas smiled at the beauteous girl in front of him. She had a fair, milky white skin. Her phoenix eyes could capture any man's heart within a very short time. Her wavy, red hair swayed beautifully as the midnight wind brushed against it. Her rainbow like eyebrows looked sharp and somehow cunning? He didn't know why but he felt like she was the best example for a stunning, vicious girl. Nevertheless, he must admit that she was a flawless beauty.

Hidden beneath her blue eyes, he could see no sympathy.

Maybe was he imagining things?

Although he was still seventeen, he could measure people just by taking a single glance at their appearance. It was one of his greatest talents and... Most of the time, he was absolutely correct.

Maybe this princess wasn't as simple as she seemed to be. Her deep eyes showed some shades of secrets. Seemed like she was hiding something.

But what was it?

Tsk, what an interesting creature!

Lucas's yellow eyes curved into crescents. He was a smiling fox. No one knew what his thoughts were behind his grin.

Zadhea didn't return his smile. Her eyes shone with curiosity.

Lucas blushed instantly. Damn! She looked cute like an angry kitten who was ready to scratch people.

"Ehem. Aren't you going to return his greetings?" The king broke the silence.

Startled, Zadhea awkwardly smiled before saying, "Nice to meet you, Lord Lucas."

"It should be corrected as teacher Lucas or maybe master Lucas," Lucas arrogantly grinned.

Zadhea shot him a strange look.

"Okay, master Lucas." In the end, she gave up and said with a helpless sigh.

Lucas quickly waved his hands in front of her. "No need, no need. I was just teasing you. Lucas is enough, your grace."

King Edwin cleared his throat and said, "You guys continue talking. I have something else to do. It's better for me to take my leave."

Zadhea was worried. "But father... It's midnight already. Don't stay up late. It's not good for your health."

The king became happy. Despite being a bit cold, the daughter of his actually cared about his well-being. What a filial daughter!

"Don't worry. I'm not that old." With that, the king left the garden after giving Lucas a wink secretly. Lucas nodded in response.

"Okay, Zadie. Let's talk freely now." Lucas put his right hand in his pant pocket in a relaxed manner.

"What did you mean by Zadie, Luke?"

"What did you mean by Luke then, Zadie?"

Then they both laughed.

"Okay, let me be serious. Why do you want to learn swordsmanship so badly? And archery too? It doesn't seem like for self-defence."

"Why do you think so?"

"Because, you showed interest in these fields at such a young age when other girls were busy with dolls, dresses, shoes and jewelleries. They still do actually. But look at you! Even your nightgown is blue."