30. Puppet Daughter

"Of course, she can," Lady Hydra exclaimed. "On Evelyn's birthday celebration, she sang a song for her and it was written by the princess herself."

"No, no." Zadhea waved her hands anxiously, rushing to explain. "It's not me originally. I was telling my feelings towards Lady Evelyn to Mario, the artist. He got the idea and created the song. It's his."

"Oh," Lady Hydra was somehow disappointed. "Your friend is a painter and also a song writer?"

"Yeah. He loves painting and writing songs equally. He's multitasker I guess." Zadhea proudly stated. She held high expectations towards her male best friend. She wanted him to succeed in every good way.

"What about you, princess? What are your talents?" This time, Lady Sirima spoke. She was the hounorable wife of the prime minister.

He had three wives. Lady Sirima was the head wife. She was well known among others because of her cold personality more than being the wife of the prime minister.

Her heart was the hardest one to move. She rarely cried. Nope, more like she had never cried.

Zadhea blinked her eyes. What about sword fighting? Although these ladies were honourable nobles, she couldn't reveal her secret to them, not yet.

"As Lady Hydra said, I can sing. Apart from that, I can play any instrument. As for dancing, except ball dance, I think I'm not capable of it. I haven't tried actually."

"Wow! A princess who can play music instruments? It's the first time I heard of something like that. Edwin clan never had such a music devoted royalty," A gossipy lady babbled.

Zadhea flinched a bit. "I'm not devoted to music. I just do it as a hobby," She said with a fake smile that didn't reach other parts of her face except her lips.

"Then can you play an instrument for us?" Lady Hydra asked eagerly.

"Sure thing."

Zadhea commanded a servant to bring a flute. In some other countries, royal princesses practised to play instruments like violin and piano. As for Zadhea, she was okay with pianos but she didn't like to play violins that much. It's not that she didn't know, it's just she didn't want to.

The noble ladies quietly watched the girl holding the flute with her slender, long fingers. Then she gently touched the flute with her rosy, delicate lips as she moved it closer to her mouth, her eyes closed. It was like she suddenly entered to a meditative state. Her whole persona appeared calm. It was relieving to look at.

The music her flute made was heartbreaking. It was the definition of sorrow and sufferings. It rang through their ears and directly entered the hearts, touching it with agony. It was like someone was crying, telling others how lonely that person was. However, the gloominess also created a taste that was undescribable.

Years of pain, years of tears, years of loneliness gathered there.

A pang of sadness ran through everyone's bodies and all of them wept unconsciously. Prime minister's head wife, who was famous for her cold aura, also couldn't escape from it. Her eyes wet with tears. It seemed like Zadhea casted a magic spell on them.

When Queen Margaret finally entered the scene, she was greeted by the ladies' gloomy looks. She frowned as she realised that something wasn't quite right.

Originally, she wanted to delay her arrival because she wanted her daughter to handle the tea ceremony. Zadhea was the future queen of an emperor, not simply a king as they would rule both of the countries together.

Getting along with noble ladies was one of the main tasks to fulfill by a queen. Margaret wanted to test her daughter's skills of handling noblewomen. She hoped she wouldn't disappoint her but... She came to a conclusion that she was wrong.