96. Love, kindness...

Zadhea quickened her steps, asking, "How do I look?" when she saw Heidith standing near the staircase. She was wearing navy blue bell-bottom jeans, a pink floral shirt, and a large black belt around her waist along with a pair of brown boots.

Heidith's jaw nearly dropped upon seeing the girl standing before him as she put a hand on her hip with a slight smirk on her lips. She looked seductive, making his ears turn pink, feeling shy.

"Why are you dressed up like this?" He finally managed to blurt out.

"What else should I wear?" Zadhea asked back without giving a proper answer.

Heidith could eventually understand her reason for choosing such an outfit. Since they decided to dress like commoners, the security officers wouldn't let them leave the academy like that. So the only solution left was using the back wall. She wouldn't be able to do that wearing a gown. So pants were the most suitable.

"But aren't you scared? What if someone sees you like this? It's not good for your reputation," Heidith hesitated. "Why don't you go back and change it?"

"No need," Zadhea nonchalantly refused. "They won't recognize me like this. Even if they do, I don't care. It's not like I'm wearing revealing clothes."

Heidith sighed at her remark. "But trousers aren't meant for ladies, princess. I don't know why, but I feel like this isn't the first time you are wearing something like this. Anyways, let's just go," he turned to leave.

"What's wrong with ladies wearing trousers? Hmph!" Zadhea made an unhappy face.

"You will attract attention," Heidith sighed. "You want that? You like others staring at you like you are a weird creature from a different place?"

Zadhea's face dimmed at his words. "Regardless of what I wear, they always look at me like I owe them."

"I know, right?" Heidith sighed again. "I also face the same situation sometimes. Maybe they are unhappy because you are too good-looking? Just think like that!"

"But it's too uncomfortable." It was Zadhea's turn to sigh. She still recalled the way some nobles looked at her on the engagement day. That day she almost lost her face by tripping on her dress. "That day too... Thank you for holding me on time."

Heidith tilted his head in confusion. He couldn't recall; nevertheless, he didn't plan on pressing on it further. He simply said, "You are my fiancée so... It's my obligation towards you."

Zadhea secretly clenched her fists. She really hated words like fiancée and future wife. Why did he have to remind her every time that she was his fiancée?! It was like he was saying, 'You're my fiancée so I do it for you. I have no choice since it's my obligation and duty.' She freaking despised it!

"Thank you!" She gave him a fake polite smile.

The atmosphere became a little awkward. No one opened their mouths after that as they silently walked side by side.

Heidith didn't know what was wrong with her. He could sense the temperature between them dropping massively but he didn't know the reason. He tightened his coat, rubbing his arms. "It's cold," he finally whispered, hoping to continue talking.

"Oh really." Zadhea rolled her eyes and looked away, not paying further attention.

When they reached the wall, Heidith gave her two arrows. "Use them to climb up and then go down. I can't always help you. You must learn some stuff too."

"Who needs your help anyway?" Zadhea huffed and took the arrows before climbing up the barrier carefully. "Yeah. These are much more effective," She didn't forget to praise.