100.ƪ⁠(⁠‾⁠.⁠‾⁠"⁠)⁠┐Perfect timing

That night, as usual, Zadhea could only get a glass of milk and a slice of bread with butter. It was because there was a rule to give students only a few things to eat since they had to sleep comfortably and, most importantly, to study without getting drowsy. Needless to say, many students didn't obey it. Most of them left the academy every evening to eat out solely because of this reason, which they found rather unfair.

"I can't eat this," Zadhea stubbornly pushed the plate aside. "I'm done. Who can eat such bullshit every day? Plus, I hate bread now."

In the past, she was used to eating rice, noodles, salads, and mainly soup for dinner. She felt full only when she ate a lot, especially at night. She would most likely feel hungry in the middle of the night if she didn't eat properly. The saddest part was, she woke up feeling her stomach growling like a hungry beast for a while now. She thought she would get used to it eventually.

Unfortunately, she never did.

"Watch your mouth," Evelyn warned, looking around worriedly. Then her eyes fell on her own plate. "If it's not enough, you can have mine too. I don't usually like to eat at night anyway."

"No way," Zadhea refused. "I told you already! I hate bread."

"Oh really? Then you can join us for dinner," someone else spoke, drawing the girls' attention.

"Sully," both Zadhea and Evelyn said in unison.

He smiled at them warmly before explaining, "Zadie, you are one of us now. So it's natural for you to join us for dinner, ain't it? You can ask Evelyn to come too if she wants to."

Evelyn waved her hands with a polite smile. "Thanks. But I don't feel like eating anything. I usually don't have dinner."

"Oh, is that so? Then what about you, Zadie? Sorry, I unintentionally heard you guys talking. So I think you..."

Before Sully could finish, Zadhea quickly replied, "Of course. It's my luck actually."

Then she stood up from her seat, saying, "Evie, I'll get going. Good night!"

"Yeah. Good night!" Evelyn watched them leave, exhaling softly. "Lucky bastard."

She wasn't worried about sending Zadhea alone with four unfamiliar boys since she knew Zadhea could take care of herself very well.

If needed, she would even protect the boys from any danger.

Evelyn knew her bestie was the best.

"Where's Zadhea?" someone's voice broke her reverie.

"Umm, Heidith, Hi!" Evelyn awkwardly smiled at him.

Heidith became impatient as he slightly squinted his eyes, crossed his arms, and tapped the ground using his foot. "Can you answer my question, Lady Evelyn?"

"Oh, yes, yes. Zadhea, right? Who's Zadhea? Oh no, no. I mean..." Evelyn began stuttering. 'Oh shit! This is embarrassing.'

"Hmm?" Heidith tilted his head, his expression getting colder with each passing second.

Evelyn felt guilty for no reason. Her face heated up in shame. 'Good lord! Help me! What should I do now? They are both my friends.'

Nevertheless, Zadie was her best friend, so the answer was obvious.

'If I said she felt sick and went to her room, Heidith would feel worried. If he asks her about it tomorrow before I could tell him everything, I'll get exposed, and he'd never trust me.'

'Being honest is the best policy. It's not like she is cheating on him with others. Why should I feel scared to tell the truth? It will only cause further misunderstandings. Lying will never solve anything.'