22. Pretty girl with a flower

Nighttime, in a forest...

Moonlight fell on the giant rocks, making them glitter like silver diamonds. The forest was silent. Only the noises of owls and insects could be heard nearby.

Heavy footsteps of a few men broke the silence of the night. Because of them, small animals ran away, scared.

There was a rabbit among the small animals.

"Aww, why that cutie ran away the moment it saw me? Am I that scary?" Derek asked disappointedly.

He was so tired and drenched in sweat. The moment he finished speaking, he collapsed on the road like a half-dead dog and started panting heavily.

"Gosh, I'm too tired. I can't walk anymore!" He cried. "My beautiful legs can't handle it anymore!"

"Aaah! This is a torture!!!"

Heidith looked at him disdainfully.

"Who asked you to come with us?" He asked with a snort.

The forest was so deep and the path looked neverending. Indeed, it was a long and tiresome journey.

Heidith was tired as well. But he was determined to find what he was searching for. They spent an entire day for it. He didn't want to back off now. Until they find it, he's not ready to rest.

"I'm your brother. So of course I'll go with you anywhere." Derek's voice was filled with confidence.

"Even if it's hell?" Suzamine butt in.

Derek glared at him but he still agreed. "Yeah. Even if it's hell."

Heidith rolled his eyes and looked away. However there was a faint smile on his lips.

Gronald scratched his arm where a mosquito had bitten him. He cursed the mosquitoes in his mind. "Sire, be careful. There are so many mosquitoes."

His cousin sister died because of a mosquito bite. From that day on, he started despising them. In the past he even let them suck his blood out of sympathy. But now... Everything was different.

"Mosquitoes?" Iven frowned. "How come they didn't bite me?"

"They didn't?" Gronald was upset. "That's unfair. These female mosquitoes don't have a conscience."

"All females are like that." Derek sighed.

Heidith gave him the side eye. "You know every female?"

"Of course why not?" Derek blurted out without thinking twice. "There's not a single woman I can't understand."

Suzamine scoffed, "Let's see in the future."

Derek was unhappy. "What's there to see?"

"Guys," Gronald spoke this time. "I can see a hut nearby."

Heidith squinted his eyes and looked closer. "Seems like it's not just a small hut. More likely, it's a bar."

"A bar?" Derek's eyes lit up like stars. He missed his girls so badly. Among the five boys, he was the one who owned the most attractive muscular body. Catching all the bees and butterflies wasn't a problem at all.

He turned to Heidith and looked at him with pitiful eyes. His intention was obvious.

Heidith let out a long sigh. "Okay. Let's go there and take a rest." Actually he didn't like bars that much. But he knew that others were different. They were tired after a long day and he wasn't heartless to prevent them from having a small rest.

Just like that, they arrived at the bar.

Derek quickly jumped on a stool and ordered, "Vodka! A full cup!"