101. Modern world

Harry clenched his fists and took a small breath, getting ready to counterattack her with his indomitable powers. He was always proud of himself, and he knew no matter how talented Zadhea was, she could never beat him in this game.

To his greatest surprise, instead of attacking, Zadhea actually dropped the dagger to the ground!

Harry frowned suspiciously, wondering what drama she was up to. His eyes widened in shock when he saw her taking a water jug.

What the hell was going on? Was she trying to attack him with water? For what? Did she want to piss him off or something?

Harry's body stiffened uncomfortably. His heart skipped a beat in slight fear when she brushed past him all the way towards the teenage boy who was laying on the floor, unconscious. Then, without hesitation, she threw water on Brownie's face, awakening him with a jolt.

"Are you okay?" Harry heard her ask.

"I'm fine," Brownie replied in a weak tone.

"Good." Zadhea nodded and turned around before leaving, finally standing in front of the person to be blamed.

"Harry, why do you choose violence when you are the one at fault? You bullied me along with the other two girls, remember? Now you are hurting Brownie as well. I thought you were a good person but seems like..."

Harry cut her off, "I'm sorry. I easily lose my control. I didn't mean to hurt Brownie. As for you, it was a misunderstanding." He sighed and lowered his head, feeling guilty. "What can I do to make it up to you guys?"

Zadhea crossed her arms with a solemn face, slightly narrowing her eyes at him. "You do have to do something, indeed."

_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠__⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_

"Ya hoo! What is this thing again?" Cyrus poked his head out of the window, screaming in joy.

Zadhea rolled her eyes, looking away. "A bus." She was tired of saying the same word over and over again, a million times. "Be careful, dude. Do you want to lose your head? Don't act like a child."

"Incredible. Bus! I love bus!" Brownie joined in. "Look, Cya, look! The trees are coming towards us super fast."

"So are the buildings and people." Apollo sighed. "How magical."

Zadhea shook her head and cursed Harry in her mind fiercely. 'This is all that guy's fault.'

She'd asked him to bring them to her real world. By the real world, she meant to appear in front of the hospital where her mother was staying since she wanted to see her before anything. She could vividly remember that there was a music store next to the hospital. So it was like killing two birds with a single stone. Nevertheless, her plans got crashed when they appeared in the wrong city due to a mistake.

She had no choice apart from taking the bus, as Harry couldn't use his powers in her world. He could only help them return to the book world only. Although if he didn't help, they would automatically be back in their world eventually.

Thus, to Zadhea, no, it should be Minosha, coming home now was something temporary. Nevertheless, she was satisfied. As long as she could visit her mother at least once in a while, wouldn't it be great?

Her eyes gradually softened. She knew no matter what, she shouldn't let go of this guy. Harry was the key to her real world. Until she returned home permanently, she'd need his help.

"I'm sorry, dear." Zadhea got snapped to her senses by an elderly lady. "It should be tough for you."

Zadhea blinked in confusion. "Ma'am, I can't understand..."