47. Exposed!

"Wow! Impressive!" The silver hair boy praised Dylan as he studied his techniques while avoiding his attacks. "You have improved a lot, I see."

"Focus," Dylan breathed out as he tried to find a way to trap Lucas into a corner. He disliked it when people talked to him during a fight. He didn't want any distractions.

"No, literally. What were you doing durin..." Lucas couldn't complete his sentence as they heard Sherrie's cry not far away.

The two boys looked at eachother before rushing towards the direction where the sound came from.

"What happened Sherrie?" They both asked the white dragon in unison.

Sherrie looked around as she mumbled, "I felt someone's presence just now. I can't figure out whether it's an illusion or not."

"You felt someone's presence?" Lucas wrinkled his forehead. He also looked around only to see giants looking trees everywhere. They looked like monsters or demons under the moonlight, giving the vibes of creepiness.

The owls' and crickets' restless sounds doubled the bleakness of the lonely night. Even though the moon tried its best to light up the atmosphere, it couldn't entirely decrease the somber feeling the isolated place gave. Apart from the two boys and the small white dragon, no one else was there to be seen as if they were the only people in that tiny world.

Lucas felt a shiver spread through his body. Suddenly, he felt uncomfortable to stay there.

"I don't think it's possible." He sighed. "We are the only people here. You must've hallucinated something."

Sherrie also sighed as she nodded. "Maybe, yeah. Seems like you are correct, master."

"Don't worry." Dylan stroked her neck to make her feel better. "It's past midnight. Whom can we expect at such an hour?"

Lucas turned to Dylan when he heard him. "About that... Can we go back to Edwina? Tomorrow is a very important day for you, remember?"

"Yeah. I guess you're right. Let's return to the palace."

-----------

Fury felt like shaking off the person who was lying on his back. He felt uncomfortable because of his posture. Heidith treated him like a mattress instead of a dragon which made him feel irritated.

"Sit properly." In the end, he lost his patience. "Or else, you can kiss goodbye your beautiful life."

Heidith didn't even pay attention to his remarks. He flipped through the pages of the small notebook he found from the bag that was on the white dragon's back. He looked at the drawings with the help of the moonlight as he lied on Fury's back rather comfortably.

Suddenly he whistled, amused. "Fury, guess who's the spy. Here's his name. Dylan."

"Dylan?" Fury raised his long eyebrows which looked similar to a cat's. "I don't know this guy."

"He isn't just an army commander. Now he became a spy too. I can't understand his motives behind such absurd actions? Look, he's scratched the map of the royal castle. He didn't even miss dad's bathroom. See... How enthusiastic!" Heidith said in one go.

"Whoa! What a nut case!" Fury shook his head in disbelief.

"No." Heidith's lips curved into a smile. "He's intelligent. This way, he can plan everything without missing a single detail. It seems like he wants to declare war."

"Whaaat?" Fury was stunned. "Where's he from?"

"Edwina. I guess he's the illegitimate son of King Edwin." Heidith clutched the book too tightly, almost tearing it apart.