84. Sweet

When Zadhea came to the park along with Evelyn, she was surprised to see almost all the students gathered there, fully occupying the place. She tiptoed to look forward to see what was going on but it was too crowded, and she couldn't see anything.

"It's Zadhea," she heard someone shout, and the next second, the students divided into two groups as they made a path for her.

Zadhea froze in shock at the unexpected sight before her.

"Please come here," she heard the headmaster say, but she was too shocked to move.

Then, Heidith whispered something to him before he began walking towards Zadhea with his majestic aura. After he got close, he offered his hand to her.

Zadhea speechlessly looked at his palm. Then, reluctantly and slowly, she slid her hand into his, which Heidith accepted right away as he tightened his grip on it and took her to where the headmaster was.

Heidith didn't release his clutch on her hand, and Zadhea let him hold it as she curiously looked around before her gaze fell on the two girls again. This time her expression became much calmer as she quickly looked away, not wanting to see them much longer.

They hurt her physically and emotionally. Even after a week, she could still see the shadows of that incident which left her traumatized.

"We're here to prove Zadhea's innocence," Heidith began as others stopped talking, making the place silent.

Heidith looked into Zadhea's eyes and looked away as he continued, "Although I believed her... Always."

His words made students talk among themselves again.

When Zadhea heard him, she shifted her gaze towards his face as an indescribable feeling filled her heart. Gulping a little, she took her hand out of his clutch, feeling a little weird. She didn't know what was happening with her. It was just strange and new. She wasn't used to it.

Heidith became a little disappointed, but he quickly covered it up and started talking again. "So the first thing I want to clarify is Stewina Dreva's departure. Can you see this letter?" He showed a letter with pencil marks. "And this one too?" He took out another letter using his other hand.

"Which one is fake?" Heidith raised a brow. "One is like this." Then he read the content of that letter loudly. It said Dreva got an offer from another country and she migrated there without notifying anyone due to some private issues. "And this one says her reason behind leaving was Zadhea's threatenings." He lifted the letter with pencil marks. "And that's the fake one."

Students gasped when they heard him.

"Oh my god, I can't believe it," Stella blurted out. "How do you say so?" She turned to him, looking for answers.

Heidith nodded, accepting her question. "Someone stole Dreva's diary and letter. Then that person studied her letters and wrote a fake one. I thought it must be an art student, and my guess became correct. It's none other than Deera here."

Everyone's eyes fell on Deera, who was kneeling on the dusty ground as she kept lowering her head.

"Although she was extremely careful while writing it, she still made a few mistakes. Look at the letters I've marked with a pencil. They are different from Dreva's letters. And look at this specific letter. Generally, we add a dot above this curve, but Dreva forgot to add that dot every single time. I found out after checking both her diary and letter. Deera always became careful to avoid the dot, but she still added it here and here too. Totally, two times. As for Dreva, she never added a dot there. With these facts, we can identify the letters," Heidith explained. "Am I correct?"