76. She cheated on you?

"Oh my!" Zadhea was quite surprised to hear that. "You and Dreva are... Best friends?"

Sinadi nodded. "Yeah. And I know where she went. But I can't tell anyone much about it since I promised her to keep everything as a secret. Sorry Zadhea. I'm helpless."

"It's fine." Zadhea let out a sigh. "You don't have to explain things to them. I'll handle it myself."

Just like Sinadi said, others eventually stopped gossiping as the teacher started teaching how to sew.

Zadhea looked at the needle in her hand. Then her gaze fell on the piece of silk clothe the teacher provided her. She never bothered to learn how to sew although her mother asked her to. Now she kinda regretted her decision back then when she saw others sewing so professionally. She was the only one who didn't know what to do. Even the three boys were better than her.

'I was always better than others in every subject. But now... Aaah, this is such a shame!' Her face turned gloomy.

"What are you thinking, dear?" The teacher asked with concern. "You don't know how to do it?"

Everyone turned to look at Zadhea when they heard what the teacher said, making Zadhea even more embarrassed. She smiled awkwardly, her face turning red.

"Oh no. You really don't know that." A girl snickered. "Aren't you like.. a girl? It's like necessary for girls to learn how to sew. Like, what are you living for, lady?" She looked at her like she was looking at some kind of an idiot. "Like what were you doing all these years? Aren't you like fifteen or something? Are you like.. for real?"

The teacher didn't want that matter to get worse. Hence, she smiled widely and said, "It's fine. She can always start from the beginning."

Then she went towards Zadhea and sat next to her, devoting her entire attention to her. When she realized that Zadhea didn't even know the basics, she was taken aback for a moment. Recovering quickly, she showed how to do simple sewing. "First learn these steps. Slowly, slowly, you can get improved."

"I see." Zadhea smiled bitterly.

"You aren't the only one who didn't know anything. There were many students like you. But..." The teacher hesitated a bit. "They were all boys..." 'You are the only girl who doesn't know how to sew.'

Zadhea's face reddened again. "Then think of me as a tomboy."

The teacher's mouth twitched. "...Cowboy?"

"Nooo. It's tomboy. Not cowboy." Zadhea shed tears in her mind.

During lunch break, Zadhea found Evelyn in a front table. She felt worn-out and fell on the chair beside Evelyn like she was dead.

"Hey, behave yourself!" Evelyn looked at her disdainfully. "There are many people here."

Zadhea hummed and forced her body to sit properly. She placed her elbows on the table and her hands on her cheeks before letting out a loud sigh. When she glanced at the dishes, she didn't feel like eating. It wasn't that the food wasn't appetising. It was just she didn't have a mood to eat.

Evelyn put down her spoon filled with pasta salad when she heard Zadhea ask, "Do you know how to sew?"

"Why?" She asked back, feeling a little nervous.

"No, I just want to learn. That's why."

"All of a sudden?"

"Everyone knows how to sew except me, even boys! I felt so ashamed during home science class." Zadhea ran a hand through her hair. "Frustrating!"

"Oh." Evelyn nodded understandingly. "Don't worry. I know. I'll teach you. But I'm not that professional."

"Uuuf, what a relief!" Zadhea felt better. She was about to say that it was fine not to be professional when her words subconsciously got swallowed by her throat as her gaze fell on three people who entered the dining hall together.