94. Let's date

The next day, Heidith met the headmaster in his office and handed over the documents, completing his task. The headmaster was quite impressed because he finished the work within just a week. If it were someone else, it would have taken at least two weeks, possibly with the help of others. Heidith had not only completed the task by himself but had also done so within a short period, gaining the headmaster's admiration.

"I'm impressed, young man. You are quite reliable," Mr. Richards said, his lips curving into a proud smile.

Heidith expressed his thanks politely and added, "To be honest, Stella helped me with it. Not with paperwork but still... If it hadn't been for her, I would have neglected my meals."

"She's such a caring girl," Mr. Richards remarked. "She's so thoughtful of you."

"It seems like that," Heidith admitted. "And I'm grateful for that."

When he came out of the office and headed to the students' council room, Heidith was surprised to see Stella there with a box of food. As their eyes locked, Stella smiled sweetly at him before approaching his side gracefully.

"Good morning, Heidith!" She showed him the box she was carrying. "I made it for you."

For a moment, Heidith didn't know what to say. "Umm, Stella..." He hesitated. "I don't think it's necessary. I can join you guys in the dining hall from now on. No need to cook for me anymore."

"You don't like my cooking?" Stella's eyes welled up in tears as she looked up at him, pursing her lips. "Say it. I won't be sad." Her aggrieved expression betrayed her words.

"It's not like that," Heidith felt a little depressed, not knowing how to handle the situation properly. "I don't want to trouble you any further."

"It's not troublesome, I'm telling you!" Stella was determined. "I'd love to do it for you."

"Stella, please," Heidith was helpless. "I don't want to be ungrateful, but it's truly unnecessary. Don't waste ingredients..."

Stella cut him off, "Waste ingredients? You think I waste ingredients? All this time, you thought of it as a 'Waste'?"

"I didn't," Heidith shook his head with a frustrated look. He then took the box from her hands. "I'll eat it for now, but next time, I only want to eat what other students eat. Your food is delicious, but I don't want any special treatment. That's why."

"Oh," Stella gave him a knowing smile. "So it's like this. Why didn't you tell me sooner? Anyways, I understand now. I won't cook for you anymore. Not forever though. Let me prepare some desserts for you from time to time if you allow me."

"It's my honor," Heidith gave her a polite smile, masking his true emotions. Actually, her food wasn't delicious, just average. Sometimes she even forgot to add salt. But he would never tell her that to avoid hurting her feelings. Heidith despised hurting others emotionally more than physically and didn't want to be that person.

"Whom are your eyes searching for?" Evelyn looked at Zadhea with a curious gaze as she stuffed her mouth with some salad.

Zadhea rolled her eyes and then lowered them to her plate, poking a tomato slice using a fork. "No one."

"Liar!" Evelyn giggled. "Are you looking for Heidith? Are you wondering why he didn't come to have his breakfast?"

Zadhea snorted coldly. "I'm not a busybody." Thereafter, she quickly emptied her plate and stood up, seemingly in a rushed manner. "I'm late. I'll get going."

"Fine, fine." Evelyn playfully waved her hand, still giggling.

Zadhea didn't pay heed to her and went looking for her music class. Speaking of which, she didn't know her mother could be generous enough to let her attend a music class. Seemed like her mother wasn't that bad after all.