45. Illegitimate son

I thought of continuing this book instead. Thank you for the courage you gave me, lovelies and thanks for giving me quick replies. Now I'm as cheerful as ever. Hope to try my best to give you the best. ( ;

PS. I'd like to specially thank my lovely reader _nikita123 for understanding my situation. I'd complete my other book too. It's a promise.
Thank you so much for the support! ♡⁠(⁠˃͈⁠ ⁠દ⁠ ⁠˂͈⁠ ⁠༶⁠ ⁠)

Tap
Tap
Tap

The sudden knock on the door interrupted prince Heidith, who was busy arranging something. He put down a pile of documents on the wooden floor and turned his head towards the door, softly yelling, "Come in."

The servant lightly pushed open the door and entered inside. Bending his upper body, he greeted the prince before saying, "His majesty requested your highness to meet him at his chamber. He said he had something significant to tell you regarding the Kingdom Edwina."

"Oh," Heidith unconsciously blurted out as his hands which were rummaging through the documents, paused midway. "Tell him I'll come in a few minutes."

"Aye, sire." The servant bowed to him again before leaving, closing the door behind him.

Heidith let out a sigh and let go of the files as he sat on the floor on his butt, hugging his knees as his mind went back to someone who gave nightmares to him for the past month.

He tried hard to forget about her. It seemed like his miserable fate didn't want him to forget her at all.

He still recalled the way she looked at another man with her beautiful, doll like eyes. Her eyes were the prettiest thing in the world. They looked like two big stars that twinkled in a night sky, reducing the darkness. Her blue irides even had a black outline. It looked like a piece of art. Her rose petals like lips looked kissable. If he wasn't a gentleman, he had already tasted the softness in them by giving her a long kiss. One night, he even dreamt about her approaching him, dressed as an angel before putting a light peck on his lips. The minute she did that, she disappeared without a trace, only leaving the coldness she gave him on his warm lips.

Heidith touched his lips and felt they still had the coldness she gifted him. It was like she gave him hopes for a second and then vanished, shattering all his hopes completely the next second. Because of the warmth of his warm fingers, the coldness on his lips erased immediately. They became warm again, as if she never gave him a kiss in the first place.

That dream was neither beautiful nor romantic. To him, it was a pure nightmare, a torture. His mind refused her short kiss. It felt like she compensated him by giving him that peck. He didn't need her compensation.

He just... Wanted her...

The whole her...

Her heart, her body, her soul, her mind.

He wanted her completely.

Sigh

Would it be an impossible dream?

"Good evening, dad." Heidith greeted his father as he entered the king's chamber, closing the door with a slight sound.

"Come here," The king said rather anxiously like he was in a hurry.

Heidith nodded and went to his side before sitting beside the king on the giant sofa. That sofa was located next to the gigantic glass window. The curtains that looked like dazzling paintings of angels, forests, birds, dragons were pulled apart, making sunlight drop on the sofa and the king's hair. His raven black hair looked dark brown because of sun rays.