21. Revenge...

The soldiers in Edwina royal palace stopped the wooden cart that was about to enter the building where the princess lived.

The wooden cart looked old unlike the driver who rode it. He was a young man appeared to be in his early twenties. When he saw the soldiers' suspicious look, he gave them a friendly smile full of sincereity.

"Hi friends. Long time no see."

A middle aged soldier almost choked on his saliva when he heard it.

"I haven't seen you before, young man. I have been serving for the princess for many years. How come I haven't noticed you before?" He stated in a firm manner.

The smile on the young man's face widened even more.

"Alas, what a pity! I'm old Jorgensen's grandson Richardson. He is sick today so I thought of bringing princess's shoes myself. You can check the cart if you want to. Princess's safety is a must, isn't it?" Saying that, he pulled aside the curtains, showing the shoes inside.

The soldier checked the cart and nodded his head in agreement. "Mmm, you can go. Convey that I wished him to get well soon."

"Okay, Sir. Thank you."

Another talkative young soldier hopped in. With a voice full of excitement and pride, he said, "Even if you are an enemy, our princess will easily beat you up. She's a warr..."

"You shut up, clumsy boy!" First soldier pinched his arm as he whispered. "Don't slip your tongue. Do you want to die by king's hands?"

The young soldier quickly shook his head and lowered his head, scared. He was still fourteen and wasn't used to behave accordingly.

Richardson's eyes flashed as he listened to the soldier's whisper. However, he pretended not to hear anything.

"I'm leaving now, bye friendsauces!"

"Friend sauces?" The young soldier scratched his head with a confused look on his face as he watched the cart disappearing into a distance.

----------

Zadhea was in a bad mood.

She didn't even go to do her trainings as usual. She was upset, scared and frustrated.

While walking along the sand road in the royal gardens, she talked to herself and pulled her long hair from time to time, making it messy.

"Aaah! Did I really lose my virginity to that bastard?! I can't believe it!" She muttered, gritting her teeth. "What if mother learns it? Will they force us to get married? That stinky prince didn't officially meet Dreva yet. What if he doesn't fall for her this time? No, no. They are destined lovers. It won't happen."

"Ha ha, what are you talking about?" A cheerful male voice made her flinch.

Scared, Zadhea looked at him. In the next second, her fear turned to anger.

"Who the hell are you?"

How could he scare her out of nowhere!?

Richardson innocently blinked his eyes. Sure enough, he didn't expect her to yell at him furiously. Obviously he was stunned...

"Your highness, I'm the royal cobbler Jorgensen's grandson Richardson. I'm here to deliver your shoes." He respectfully lowered his upper body.

"Hey, hey, rise up!" Zadhea instantly waved her hand upwards. She wasn't comfortable with their greetings even after so many years. It was just... Too awkward.

"What happened to old Jorgensen?"

"He's suffering from an illness, your highness."

"I see. Let me send some healing herbs to him."