39. Dylan (1)

CrownedFictionista <3
vineeksha
MycaEso
FedericoAddazi
SSurbhisingh
CMTA_63
Aubreynana42
AssataYara9
RainhaLobo
vceaas12

Thanks for the support lovelies ❤️

~~~~~~~~~~

The evening sky was decorated in various colours like orange, red, pink and yellow, looking like a beautiful painting.

A small girl played with soil and a coconut shell on her own in her garden. She looked three or four years old. Her cute dress that reached her knees was covered in dust. Not only her dress, her small chubby hands too. However, she didn't seem to care about being dirty. Her entire attention was focused on the soil she used to make rice.

"Jewelleries, jewelleries! Cheap but beautiful. For your wife, sister, daughter or grandma. Buy, buy, buy. Cheap but beautiful. Jewelleries, jewelleries."

She heard a voice of a merchant which made her eyes sparkle in excitement.

"Brother, here!" She shouted as she jumped up and down, waving her hands at him.

A young merchant who looked like a teenager, glanced over and saw the chubby cutie hopping like a bunny. His heart melted as he rushed towards her.

He knew that she didn't have money. But he didn't want to break her heart. Thus, he put down the wooden box filled with jewelleries on the ground, letting her take a look and touch them.

"Do you like them?" He asked dotingly.

The girl nodded her little head like a mouse. "A lot. Fimu likes them a lot."

The merchant smiled at her. "Fimu? Your name is Fimu?"

"It's Fimila. But everyone calls me Fimu."

"Wow. You have such a beautiful name, Fimu. Can I call you that?" The young man asked softly as he rubbed her head, making her hair messy.

"Okay." Fimu took out a necklace. "Woah!" She chuckled. "Fimu wants this, Fimu wants this!"

The merchant laughed as well. "Okay, then. If you want it, you can have it."

"No." Suddenly the girl turned serious. "First tell me your name and age."

The teenager blinked his eyes a few times, looking confused. Clearly, he didn't expect her to be so straightforward despite being a kiddo.

"My name is Dylan. You can call me Dyl. I'm a jewellery merchant as you can see. As for my age, I'm sixteen this year. Why? Do you want to marry me?" He tried hard to surpass his laughter as he said the last part.

"You are too old for me." The girl wrinkled her nose in disgust. "I'm still five."

"You are already five? I thought three or maybe four. You look so small." Dylan was truly surprised.

Fimu wasn't too happy to hear that. "I'm not small!" Her face flushed in red. Probably because of anger.

"Okay, okay. Pardon me, my lady." Dylan threw his hands up in the air.

His behaviour made her chuckle. She returned to her cheerful state once again.

"By the way, D, I have an advice for you. My mother always teaches me not to get deceived by looks." Fimu spoke, wrinkling her eyebrows like an old granny.

'She never fails to amuse me.' Dylan thought incredulously. "What? Why are you telling me that?"

Fimu clicked her tongue, acting like she was the adult and he was the kid there. "Obviously, because of your stupidity. You got deceived by my charms. It's a serious damage to your business. Giving the fact that you are still sixteen, you have a long way to go. How can you survive in this kind of a society if you are so good like this?"