52. Marriage partner

"Are you kidding me?" Dewinn burst into laughter. "What a terrible joke."

Zadhea didn't know how to explain it to him. She didn't know how to choose the correct words. All she could do was exhale a deep long breath as disappointment spread over her heart. She thought at least he would take her side. Seemed like no one was there for her, no one was there to trust her. She felt lonely. She wanted to go hug her mother and cry. To her, this life was a neverending nightmare.

She didn't want to be there. Although her ridiculous fate had planned everything for her, she didn't want to follow it. She never wanted to become a queen or an empress. She didn't desire for extreme luxuries. All she needed was living a fulfilling life with her mother.

Living an independent life was her dream. Since she was a child, she learned not to be a burden to others. Because of her thoughtfulness, her mother never had a hard time with her.

"No, Dewinn. You don't have to trust me. Just... Let's just forget it."

"No, sorry." Dewinn became serious again. "I acted like a jerk."

Zadhea chuckled at his words. "You know what, I heard the same thing from someone else not so long ago."

"Really?" Dewinn raised a brow. "Who's that?" He asked with interest.

"Lucas, the pain in the ass."

"Your teacher?"

"I feel embarrassed to admit it but indeed he's my teacher."

"Don't be embarrassed. He's truly talented. I heard of his skills. You know he fought with a lion and presented its head to the king to prove his capabilities." Dewinn said with admiration. "I wish I could be like him. But I don't know how to fight. I only know some magic tricks. That's all."

"That's all?" Zadhea couldn't believe her ears. "Boy, you are so talented but you say you only know some! Don't lie to me."

"No, literally. There are so many wizards in this world much capable than I am. But I'm trying my best to improve myself."

"Then good luck."

"Thanks Zadhie." He smiled. "By the way, I think I trust you. I believe we are living inside a book as you said."

Zadhea felt like she was about to explode in happiness. No sane person would believe such things as living in a book world.

If someone appears in front of a person and says, 'Hey, we are actually living in a book world.', if the other person doesn't have a mental instability, he will directly dismiss such hilarious, impossible words. He will even mock the person who says that and maybe puts him inside a mental hospital.

Gladly, in this era, there weren't any mental hospitals.

"What's your character? The protagonist?" Dewinn asked after a silence.

"Nope. I'm the main villainess," Zadhea stated, somehow with pride.

"Oh. Who is the protagonist then?" Dewinn asked again, suddenly having a bad feeling.

"Heidith, the person you want to kill."

"Wow!" Dewinn blurted out in amusement. "Then welcome to villains' team, dear. Let's destroy the hero together." Dewinn gave her his hand, motioning her to shake it.

Zadhea gave him the side eye without shaking his hand. "Evelyn didn't even mention your name. I think you aren't the main villain. Sorry bro."

"Whaaat?" Dewinn couldn't believe his ears. "It must be the world's biggest stupidest author then. Neglecting me just like that? The hell! I'm the most vicious, perfect villain anyone can think of. Why the hell she or he didn't mention me? Fucking hell!"