103. Poisoned

A/N: Okay, okay. I won't take a break. I'm happy to see that I still have a few readers. I'm happy ~ 😊

#####

After they left the racing area, Zadhea suggested going to KFC to give her friends that experience too. It was already midnight, but fortunately, it wasn't closed yet when they got there. Apart from them, there were a few more customers, all young people, couples, or friends chatting cheerfully. It looked harmonious and peaceful.

Zadhea pondered for a moment before selecting a corner. She didn't have time to remove her disguise, so she perfectly fit in with her male group. They were the largest boys' group there. Since they all looked good-looking, they earned gazes from people around them from time to time. Girls looked at them with admiration while boys shot them envious stares.

Sully covered his face as much as he could when he sensed their intense gazes, especially towards his direction. Maybe they were curious as he was the only person hiding behind a hoodie. He felt a little uncomfortable, but he brushed it off when he witnessed how ecstatic Zadhea and the rest of his friends looked. He didn't want to destroy their happy moment.

Zadhea picked up the menu and flashed a bright smile as her eyes turned into crescents, sparkling like gems. "Long time no see," she spoke to the menu as if it was an old friend. Then she averted her gaze towards her friends. "Order whatever you like. Maybe... Let's ask for everything. You can have a bite from all of them."

"Sounds like a nice idea," Brownie nodded at her eagerly.

Just like that, they ended up ordering all kinds of burgers, chicken wings with fries, and even rice. They chose Pepsi as their drinks.

Brownie and Cyrus shamelessly drooled on the spot when their food arrived. The appetizing aroma made their stomachs growl loudly. They looked at Zadhea gratefully and said in unison, "Thank you, Zadie!"

Zadhea waved a hand casually with a smile. "It's nothing." She was glad that she chose this place when she saw how much they liked the food even before taking a bite. She looked at Sully and Apollo too, waiting for their comments.

Apollo awkwardly touched the back of his head. "...Thank you."

Sully just gave her a slight nod.

Zadhea felt satisfied as she rubbed her palms. "So... I guess it's time for digging in."

"Hooray!" Both Brownie and Cyrus cheered gleefully.

Zadhea looked at them tenderly, like they were her younger brothers. Since she was the only child, she never got any siblings. Although she had friends now, unlike in her previous life, they still weren't her siblings. It was a different kind of thing. But now she felt like she finally found her long-awaited brothers. Sully embodied the role of an older brother figure. As for the other three, she acknowledged them as her younger brothers.

"Yummy," Apollo's eyes lit up when he chewed on a chicken wing. He didn't expect it to be this tasty. However, the rice wasn't that good, prompting him to solely concentrate on the chicken wings.

"Mmm, yeah," Brownie blurted out in a muffled voice as his mouth was fully loaded with a cheeseburger.

"Meeting Zadhea is the biggest fortune that happened to me," Cyrus sighed as he took a bite from a Tower Zinger. It was a big burger, so he had to stretch his mouth as much as he could to eat it.

Zadhea giggled when she saw him open his mouth wide like a hippo. "Why, thank you. I'm lucky to meet you too." Then she turned to her right side to look at Sully. "It's all thanks to you."

Sully applied sauce to some fries as he replied with a 'Mhm'. Then he pushed the fries to Zadhea's side, saying, "Eat it."

"What about you?" Zadhea put her drink down as she questioned.