97. Let go!!

"Here," the female vegetable seller placed a giant pumpkin on the old wooden table. "It's a little heavy, though. Are you sure you can carry the whole thing?" She glanced at the other bags Heidith was holding. Then her gaze shifted to Zadhea, who looked chill, glancing around. "Why don't you ask this young maiden to carry some of the bags? That way, it'll be easier."

Zadhea was holding nothing but a small, cute handbag. It didn't look heavy at all. On the other hand, Heidith had to do all the hard work. The woman felt a little disappointed. She couldn't understand how a woman could let her man do heavy work.

Needless to say, buying vegetables and stuff was what a dutiful woman should do. A good wife would never let her husband do such things!

"It's fine," Heidith waved his hand. "I can carry it."

Zadhea shrugged and looked away. She could sense the woman's displeasure towards her, but she didn't care. She wouldn't ask Heidith to hand over some of his burden just because someone pointed it out! He could do it all by himself, hmph! Why should she act the role of a gentle, obedient, petite wife?

"She's so delicate," Heidith looked at Zadhea tenderly. "How can I ask her to do such things? She'll pass out."

Zadhea speechlessly looked back at him. Her face began to turn red from anger and embarrassment. She couldn't understand which side he was on. "Yeah," she smiled, hiding her fury. "I'm a little girl yet."

The female seller coughed and looked away. "What else do you want, sir?"

Zadhea watched Heidith buy some more vegetables without any intention of stopping. 'What the hell is he doing? He wants to buy every single vegetable for a simple meal? Crazy!'

Suddenly, Zadhea flinched when she felt someone snatch her bag and run away like an arrow. She clenched her hands and chased after him immediately, not wasting time to explain things to Heidith.

Heidith was busy checking some onions, so he couldn't notice her sudden disappearance.

The thief felt happy when he saw how fancy the bag looked. It must be filled with lots of gold coins. His eyes lit up with anticipation as he stopped running. When he was about to go find his buddies to inform the good news, out of nowhere, a girl stood in front of him, panting slightly.

"Robber flash, give it to me this instant. I'll let you go without breaking your neck," she shot him a sharp look.

The thief burst into laughter. "You? YOU want to break MY neck? Tsk, tsk. What about giving a neck massage instead, little beauty?" He gave her a look filled with lust.

Zadhea sighed. "I won't repeat."

"What's going on here?" A few men appeared as they stood close to the thief. One of them asked, "Who's this girl?"

The thief chuckled. "Brothers, she says she wants to break my neck because I stole her bag."

They were currently in an abandoned-looking alley. There were no houses around, and the street looked empty. Although it was still evening, the alley was drenched in darkness.

The men started laughing hysterically. "A girl like her?" Someone sneered.

Another one clicked his tongue before approaching Zadhea. Putting a hand on her shoulder, he said, "What's up, pretty... Aghhhh!" Before he could finish talking, Zadhea twisted his arm and pushed him to the ground.

Narrowing her eyes, she warned, "Don't you dare touch me."

"What the hell!" The men got startled by her behavior. They didn't expect her to attack like that.