10. Damsel in the distress

Zadhea let out a deep breath.

Looking into Evelyn's eyes, she requested, "Can you please share their story with me? I want to know the key points."

"Of course, I can." Evelyn nodded her head without hesitation. "But for what may I ask?"

Zadhea's lips curved up to a smile. "The more you know about your enemy, the more you become succeed."

The gentle breeze brushed past Evelyn's golden hair, making it a bit messy. She adjusted her gloves and floor length blue dress before speaking.

"The female lead is Dreva. She isn't a noble girl. She belongs to a poor family. Poor kids rarely got chances to attend colleges where noble children studied. Actually, colleges are only important for a single reason."

Zadhea was somehow surprised. "For one reason? What's that?"

"To get to know eachother. To recognize talented people. Royalties meet other royalties from different countries. Their connections as well as the knowledge about one another will be increased because of that. As for poor people who get scholarship, their future will be smooth as well. Noble people invite them to serve them to solve matters outside and inside their castles. Got it?"

"Oh that's how it is." Zadhea vigorously nodded her head. "Now I can understand Queen Margaret's intention. She wants me to get close to that stinky prince."

"Oh!" Evelyn exclaimed. "Poor you. I know who you want to avoid the most."

"The main roles." They said in unison before burst into laughter. The atmosphere became cheerful and warm.

After a while, Zadhea wiped the tears which were hanging on the corners of her eyes before saying, "Please continue your story."

Evelyn gave her a nod and resumed, "Dreva got bullied by bunch of mean girls. Similar to highschool movies' incidents, right?" She gave her a wink.

Zadhea blinked and meekly nodded. She also got bullied by some girls. Nevertheless, she didn't want Evelyn to know about it. So she silently listened.

"Heidith happened to be there. As the male lead, he saved the female lead like a hero saving a damsel in the distress."

"You meant a beauty?"

"I swear I felt like she was a little white lotus. I dunno why. But I couldn't help thinking like that. So damsel in the distress is more suitable."

Zadhea shook her head. "You are thinking too much. Authors won't definitely let their female leaders become bad. They are the most kind hearted, gentle human beings in the whole story. Am I correct?"

"Kind of..." Evelyn didn't fully agree.

"What happened next? Did they fall in love?"

"Yeah. As time passed, they became closer and closer. The villainess supported them by trying to destroy the female lead."

"Typical novels' plots." Zadhea let out a yawn. "Let me guess what happened after that. The main leads got married and male lead became female lead's hero in the heart by throwing the villainess out to roam around the roads, begging as a punishment."

"Wow! Roughly, that's what exactly happened." Evelyn was surprised. "Seems like you remembered our conversation that day."

Zadhea sincerely shook her head. "I can't remember a single detail. I just guessed. It's not hard to guess, not at all."

"Hmm. Do you want to do the same as her?"

"Of course not." Zadhea blurted out. "I won't be an obstacle to their beautiful love story. I don't want to become a beggar. I just want to die honourably, okay?"