36. A sleepless night (Special chapter)

From Author Santa,

Hi dearie, this chapter is a Christmas present for you.

Merry Xmas!!!

----------

Queen Margaret went back and forth inside her chamber, immense in thoughts. She was worried, restless and embarrassed at the same time.

After scolding her daughter, she went back to continue the tea ceremony only to find out the reason behind the ladies' gloomy looks. They asked for Zadhea and praised her for playing the flute so beautifully. Even the coldest person among them, prime minister's head wife, said no one was able to move her heart this way for a long time.

Margaret became speechless and asked them to tell her what happened in detail.

"I never knew your daughter is this talented. You are such a blessed mother, your highness," Someone beamed and others nodded their heads, approving it.

Queen Margaret bit her bottom lip anxiously, a hint of regret flashed through her amber eyes.

"Yeah, I guess I'm lucky to have her as my daughter."

Quickly ending the tea ceremony, she went to find Zadhea and got to learn she went somewhere outside the castle. Becoming nervous, she went to meet the king who was busy with work.

She apologised for delaying his work first before telling what happened.

The king massaged his temples tiredly. He didn't know what to do with this mother and daughter. Why couldn't they get along with eachother at least for a second? He had to be the peacemaker once again.

"Don't worry, I'll find her and take her home."

He stood up from his seat, prepared an army and directly went to the forest. He knew his daughter the most. She more likely wanted to be alone, so an isolated place like the small jungle not so far from the palace was the perfect place despite being dangerous.

He was kind of disappointed about her reckless, rebellious behaviour. However he knew she was hurt deeply. It made sense to act like that.

"Your highness, his majesty and the princess came back to the palace," A servant reported to the queen while respectfully lowering her head, making Margaret snap back to her senses.

She quickly wiped the tears in her eyes before leaving her chamber to meet them.

"D-daughter," Queen Margaret stuttered as she looked at her daughter's eyes which were swollen from crying too much. She felt guilty like never before.

Zadhea didn't even look at her. She directly flounced out to her chamber and slammed the door shut.

Queen Margaret felt horrible. She looked at her husband, seeking for help.

King Edwin sighed before pulling her to a hug. Patting her shoulder, he consoled, "Don't worry, dear. She's still a rebellious teenager. Give her some time."

"No." The queen shook her head. "It's my fault. I jumped into conclusions on my own and lashed out on her. I-I even said that I regret giving birth to her." She covered her mouth as tears flowed to her cheeks. "I'm a bad mother."

"Don't say that!" Edwin hugged her tighter. "You are the best mother I have ever seen. You only think about her future so don't blame yourself. Just don't think about what happened anymore."

"But..."

"Listen to me for a second. I know you love our daughter too much. But dear, loving her from afar isn't enough. She refuses your orders because you are so strict. Let her be and let her follow her own dreams. Although she's our flesh and blood, we can't force our expectations on her. She has her plans for her future. We should support her to fulfill them."