99. A tragic past

"What's wrong?" When Evelyn saw Zadhea's dumbfounded look, she became confused and began to think that something was wrong with that guy. "Is he alright?"

Zadhea swiftly put the letter back inside the envelope. "Nothing, nothing. I think I'll read it later."

Evelyn wanted to ask why but she couldn't do it as someone approached them, panting slightly. "Zadhea, you have to come with me."

"Sullyh?" Zadhea subconsciously stood up from the bench. Turning to Evelyn, she said, "Evie, this is Sullivan. He's in the same music class as me. Sully, this is Evelyn. She's been my best friend for years."

Evelyn smiled at him, feeling awe-struck. She had never seen someone as fair as him. He was so fair, super duper fair. Probably the fairest man in the world.

Rising to her feet, she greeted him with a slight nod. "Nice to meet you, Mr. Sullivan."

Sully returned her smile. "Nice to meet you too, Miss Evelyn."

Zadhea pursed her lips unhappily. "Oh, come on, why are you so formal? Aren't we all students here?"

Evelyn giggled. "Okay, then. I'll do it again." She turned to Sully earnestly. "Hi hi, Sully! Sup?"

Sully's mouth twitched. "Cool? I guess..."

The girls gasped in shock. "How did you know?" They asked simultaneously.

Sully brushed it off and said, "Evelyn, if you don't mind, can I take Zadhea with me for a while? We have to attend the music class now."

Evelyn waved her hand without hesitation. "Kk. Take her. I have to attend a class later as well. Bye, guys!"

On their way, Zadhea turned her head to look up at Sully as they walked side by side. "What's wrong?" She asked with concern. "Are we really going to the class now or... You are taking me somewhere else?"

Sully chuckled at her question. "You think I'm taking you on a date?"

Zadhea almost choked on her saliva. "Fool, I didn't mean it that way! I thought perhaps you have something important to tell me."

"We are going to the class," Sully simply answered as he kept looking at the road ahead.

Zadhea rolled her eyes, feeling annoyed. "Duh! I know where it is. You don't have to personally come to me to bring me there."

Sully bit his lower lip, feeling reluctant. "I... I have something to tell you."

Zadhea gulped silently. She felt like something was bad. "Wha-what is it?"

Sully turned to her with sparkling eyes. "I have a dream. On the day of the school concert, I want to fulfill it this once. I want to win and... For that, I want your help."

"Huh?"

"Let's go to the class first. I'll explain everything slowly."

"Hold on." Zadhea paused in her tracks. "You want my help to win the first place in the upcoming school concert! Is that right?"

Sully nodded hesitantly. "I have this crazy idea. I feel like you are the most suitable partner to make it come true. I have that feeling. You are capable. I feel it."

"Thank you!" Zadhea smiled proudly. Then her face turned serious again. "I'll help you but on one condition."

"Yeah. Tell me what it is," Sully said confidently since he didn't think she would ask for something he was incapable of.

"I... I want to know about your past. Simply, I want to know everything about you." Zadhea looked into his purple eyes, waiting for his response.

Sully's eyes flashed with sadness. Then he quickly masked it. "Why?" He looked back at her. "Why do you want to know about me?"