91. Source of happiness

Half an hour later...

The door opened once again. Heidith, curious, turned around and was greeted by something unexpected yet expected at the same time.

His ears turned pink, and he felt like his heart was about to escape from his chest. He never thought that the angels in his mother's stories really existed.

He saw an angel for the first time in his life.

And she was standing right in front of him with a smile.

She was smiling at him!

Was he dreaming?

Somebody should pinch his arm!

"Do I look okay?" Zadhea asked with a smile from the stunned young man before her when she realized that he wouldn't speak. Suddenly, she had a bad feeling. Was it too much?

She knew she was pretty. There was no doubt about it. But she was a bit scared, thinking that maybe the dress didn't suit her. Although she was beautiful, she knew some clothes and styles weren't meant for her.

Suddenly, Heidith reached out and touched her left cheek, catching her off guard as her mind went blank. His warm touch made her face heat up, and she could feel blood rushing to her cheeks. For a moment, she didn't know what to do as she froze in shock, and her breathing stopped.

When her eyes locked with his, she got hypnotized. She never noticed how beautiful and captivating his eyes were. Of course, she knew he was good-looking, but Lucas was also handsome, and Derek too. There were so many handsome and pretty boys in this novel world. Some were even better than Heidith in some ways. For example, muscles. Derek had the perfect muscles. And Lucas was the prettiest.

Then why...?

Why did she feel attracted to Heidith out of all the boys?

Was it because he was the male lead? The main character in this world? Was it because no one could surpass the main lead's charms no matter how hard they tried or how good they looked? Was it the actual reason?

She thought she would never have a crush on someone. But she now understood that she liked Heidith.

The male protagonist's abilities were truly something else!

Heidith didn't break the eye contact between them. He was also looking at her intensely. He felt hungry. It was such a weird feeling. He got attacked by some strange but strong emotions like never before. Possessiveness was the strongest one of them. He had the weird and creepy urge to kidnap her and hide her from others so he would be the only one to enjoy her beauty alone. He wanted her to himself only.

He wanted to imprison her where there was no one else. Only the two of them.

Heidith was shocked at his own thoughts. He never believed that he would think of such creepy things. He realized that he had changed. And the reason for his change was right in front of him.

He liked Zadhea since a long time ago. It was a secret only he was aware of. Even his best friend Derek, who was like a brother to him, didn't know about it because Heidith hid it from everyone very well.

But it was just a crush that came with responsibilities. He always looked at her like his future wife. He thought of her as one of his duties as a royal prince. His crush on her was like the icing layer of a cake named obligations and responsibilities.

But now he knew it wasn't that simple. It wasn't just a mere crush. There was more to it. He recalled the day he looked into her eyes under the moonlight while carrying her in his arms. That night, he felt something strange. He assumed that he was in love with her. Seemed like his doubt was correct. He was in love with her!