85. Bye bye single life

A leather ball made of feathers hit Zadhea's stomach. Although it didn't cause any pain, she was shocked to find it there.

"What's that?" she blurted out as she moved it away using her toes.

"Something that belongs to a child," Heidith answered as he bent down and picked it up, checking it. "Looks so old."

"Indeed. Where did it come from?" she came close to him and touched the ball before swiftly pulling her hand away when she felt the cobwebs and dust. "Do families come here for relaxing during daytime? This place looks abandoned nevertheless. Plus, I never saw anyone coming here."

"In fact, no one comes here for relaxing. Especially families," Heidith said with a sigh. "Much more, at a time like this."

Then he looked at her as he threw the ball away. "I think we should leave now."

"Why?" Zadhea tilted her head. "I don't want to go. Let's stay here for a bit."

Heidith scratched behind his ear, feeling troubled. "I don't think it's a good idea..."

Zadhea glared at him. "Really? I let you hold me for a long time. But you can't stay with me for a while? Ungrateful!"

"Will you stay here alone if I'm not with you?"

"Of course." Zadhea nodded right away.

"Then you aren't afraid. That's great." Heidith smiled at her.

"Afraid? What's there to be afraid of?"

Like that, Heidith told her about the duke and his child's story.

At the end of the story, Zadhea shivered in fear. "Y-you think that ball... It belongs to that duke's son?" Her voice trembled.

"Which ball are you talking about?" Heidith shrugged his shoulders. "It's disappeared."

"No way!" Zadhea began searching, not believing his words. "No way! You're lying to scare me!"

"Zadhea, stop looking for it!" Heidith massaged his forehead, looking tired. "Let's just go, okay?"

Zadhea didn't listen to him and continued to search for the ball. Heidith shook his head and turned around to leave. "Since you don't listen to me, I guess I'll get going ALONE." He emphasized the word 'alone.'

When she heard it, Zadhea shouted aggressively, "Stop right there or I swear I'll kill you!"

Heidith blinked, freezing on the spot. He never witnessed her being that angry before. 'Just what did I do wrong?' he thought helplessly as he pitied himself.

At that time, they could hear a child's voice. "Sister..."

"Aaaah!" Zadhea screamed and clung onto Heidith like a koala as she squeezed her eyes shut. "Aaaah!"

"Oh god my ears!" Heidith shed a tear as he covered them.

She hit him hard on his shoulder. "You traitor! You changed your voice to scare me, didn't you?"

Heidith became confused. "What are you talking about?" He rubbed his shoulder. "It hurts. Why did you hit me?"

"You planned everything to take revenge for hurting you, right? Just admit!" Zadhea cried. "Cruel man!"

Heidith didn't know what to say anymore. "Whatever."

"Huh? Whatever?" Zadhea raised her hand but he quickly grabbed it, stopping her from hitting him. "Zadhea, stop! Don't hit me!"

"You!" She began to sob.

Heidith rolled his eyes. "Fake tears! You think I'll fall into the same trap? I won't get deceived by your tears again." He could still remember the way she fake-cried.