16. The blonde

When the engagement banquet came to an end, Zadhea returned to her room, dragging Evelyn along with her.

"What are you trying to do? I'm sleepy as hell." Evelyn yawned unladylikely the moment they were left alone in Zadhea's chamber.

However, her drowsiness vanished into thin air when she heard Zadhea's words.

"Evie, help me to be a man."

Evelyn blinked her eyes continuously, her mouth agape.

Zadhea let out a soft chuckle as she looked at Evelyn's cute expression. She gently explained, "I want to spy on that stinky prince by disguising as a man. I need your help. I already got a wig. Can you do the make up? A moustache is a must. Draw an Adam's apple too."

Evelyn instantly became thrilled. "Hey, why the need? Don't tell me you already fell for our male lead!? I know he's charming but I didn't know that he's THIS charming!" She laughed happily. "Good for you, bestie!"

"How delusional!" Zadhea gave her friend a look of disgust.

"No, literally! Everyone knows what happens at the so-called men's party! You want to test the dude... I mean the PRINCE by checking whether he sleeps with a girl or not, right, right? Aa aaa?" She gave Zadhea a knowing look.

Zadhea, of course, rolled her eyes at her.

"Yeah, I want to test him as you said. But... Not about those stuff, dummy! I won't give a shit even if he sleeps with someone! I don't care and I don't want to care!"

"Then why?" Evelyn couldn't understand.

Zadhea let out a sigh. "Silly, I'm not the original character, Mimosa. So I don't know what he thinks about me. So far, I guess he doesn't like me as I made him angry several times. But men... They are strange! And complicated! What if he is interested in me despite everything?"

She continued, "I'm not being narcissistic. But still... I can't take a risk. I want to know his opinion about me. Some men like arrogant women. Some like it when women provoke them. I want to see whether he is that type of a psychopath or not."

"What if he is? What if he finds you interesting because you ignores him and humiliates him? It sounds funny indeed but let's just imagine... What are you gonna do about it?"

Evelyn's question made Zadhea think for a bit.

"Then... I don't know... I can't suddenly become a coquettish, spoiled cutie. It's hella suspicious. Maybe, I'll try hard to... Like... I dunno. Like... Maybe he will finally get tired of my aloofness. Ugh, even if he falls for me, as long as I remain indifferent, I won't lose," She finally uttered with a sigh. "Let's see what happens. Hey, wait, by the way..."

"Yea?"

"What kind of a girl he desires?"

Evelyn gave her a look of doubt before answering, "Mmm... A girl who's kind-hearted, soft, caring, innocent, cute, always smiling, thinks of others, never hurts others, delicate, and... Simply, a ray of sunshine! Dreva was perfectly matched with his expectations."

Zadhea slowly nodded her head, digesting every word Evelyn just stated.

In the end, she said, "Then I'll be a ray of pitch black. A dark cloud."

Evelyn wasn't too happy to hear that. She frowned and said, "Don't. Don't change yourself for others."

Zadhea side-hugged her with a smile. "Don't worry, dearie. Only in front of him, I promise."

In his heart, she will always be a cunning, rough, nonchalant, reckless, rebellious, spoiled, sharp-tongued, badass bish. ONLY for him.

-------