77. Fated Lover

The cold breeze brushed against Sahasra's curly brown hair, making it dance as her eyes fixated on the ocean. The sunlight fell on the waves of the ocean making beautiful patterns as fish swam under the surface. She let out a soft sigh when she recalled that Zadhea's eyes had the same colour as the ocean. Her gaze was also deep, making Sahasra drown in them every time she looked into her eyes. Although now Zadhea wasn't by her side, she could still picturize her mesmerising eyes. They weren't ordinary blue. To Sahasra, that was one of a kind eye colour.

The rarest and most beautiful blue colour in the world...

When Lucas came out of his cabin, he was greeted by the sight of Sahara standing on the deck of the old, sailing ship duke Ferdinand had given them along with an army bigger than King Edwin's own army. Now they were on the sea for two days. Initially he wanted to go to Albrecht on Sherrie's back however he changed his mind when duke Ferdinand gave him a huge army. As the leader, it was his responsibility to be with his people thus Lucas chose to go on Ferdinand's private ship instead.

Although duke Ferdinand's army was huge, country Albrecht wasn't a simple one to win over that easily. Hence, Lucas was reluctant to attack that fast. Nevertheless, duke Ferdinand consoled him saying that Lucas had his own army in Albrecht and explained him how to find Duke Smith who maintained Lucas's army for years. His reassuring words made Lucas feel at ease.

He realized that with duke Ferdinand's army and duke Smith's army, victory wasn't that far from him.

He was ready to take back what was originally his...

"Isn't it cold out there?" Lucas stepped towards Sahasra with that question.

The girl turned around to face him as her lips curved into a bright smile. "Good evening brother! It's not that cold. Much more, I love that feeling. By the way, did you sleep tight?"

Her question made him scratch the nape of his neck with an awkward smile. "I didn't plan to sleep like that."

Sahasra clicked her tongue before stroking his back, shaking her head. "It's totally fine. You must be tired. I'll be happier if you sleep more."

"I have to sleep again at night. So this is actually unhealthy, sister. Don't you think so?" Lucas still felt terrible. He never slept in the evening before. Maybe his body couldn't take it anymore. Although he was super talented, his body still needed rest.

"Chill brother. It's not like you have a habit of sleeping in the evening every day. It'll be bad and unhealthy only if you sleep at such an hour habitually. You got it? Habitually!"

"I see." Lucas let out a soft sigh. "It's okay then. Aah, forgot to ask you! Do you like your room here? I know it's not comfortable. Please bear with it, sister. After a week or two, we'll be able to reach our destiny. After that, I'll make sure to give you a luxurious room in Smith's dukedom."

To avoid any suspense, duke Ferdinand had to give them a very ordinary looking old ship with lower facilities. Being the leader, Lucas's small cabin wasn't any better either. Let's not talk about others.

Sahasra's face dimmed at Lucas's words. She lowered her eyes to the ground and said, "No need. Did you forget that I'm used to live like that? I was always poor and dirty. I didn't have anything good to eat. I lived in a poor orphan with less facilities. Thus, I can get adjusted to anything whether it's hella luxurious or extremely poor..."

Lucas couldn't bear to listen anymore as he blurted out, "I'm sorry."

Sahasra stopped talking and looked into his yellow eyes silently, allowing him to speak freely.

Lucas felt a pang in his heart as he continued with difficulty, "I know no amount of apologies can correct my past mistakes. I was a horrible brother to you. But I want to make it up to you. Let me shower you with tons of happiness and riches, sister. It's a promise I make upon my life. I swear!" He raised three fingers.