70. Upcoming disaster

Zadhea was stunned to see the empty floor as she followed behind Lucas. It was the second floor and there was one more floor to the library. Second floor was for science section. Not many students were interested in reading experiments and whatnot and the regular students who went there were no where to be seen since they had classes during the morning.

"How do you know it's empty?" Zadhea asked as curiousity took over her. "Even I had no idea but of course it's my first time coming to this floor. I'm really not that interested in science stuff. What about you?"

"I just guessed," Lucas gave her an unclear answer and became quiet again as he focused on his steps and the surroundings.

Zadhea felt a little confused. She knew Lucas was abnormally silent that day. It made her feel restless. No matter what kind of a thing he had to say, she guessed that it shouldn't be a good one. Or else, he wouldn't act that way.

When they reached an empty corner, Lucas took her by her wrist and pulled her further behind a book rack, completely hiding their presence. When he was finally satisfied, he let go of her hand and looked into her blue eyes with a serious expression.

He then lowered his eyes as hesitantly as never before, nibbling on his lips, not knowing how to start the conversation.

"What is it, Lucas?" Zadhea asked with concern. She truly felt bad for him since she never saw him behave like that, at least not with her. "I'm not a stranger. You can talk to me without being frustrated. Take it easy, buddy." She patted his arm to reassure him.

A bitter smile took over his face as Lucas tried hard to maintain his calmness. He knew he wouldn't be able to see her for months. Thus, willingly or unwillingly, he had to tell her everything without wasting anymore time. He was already late for his mission after all.

"If you aren't ready yet, I'll wait for you," She added.

This time, Lucas lifted his head and once again focused his gaze on her eyes as he made up his mind. "No, it's fine. I'm alright. It's... Your highness, I'm so sorry to disappoint you but I can no longer be your teacher. I have to go on an important mission and it'll take months for me to return and I don't have plans to come to this academy again. I've already talked to the headmaster regarding that." He sighed as he spoke.

"I feel so bad..." He brushed his hands through his hair.

"No need. Literally! It's fine. I can practise myself. You know, I'm equally talented as you are and one day, I'll surpass you." She raised her chin proudly. "Hence, you should be worried about yourself instead."

Lucas couldn't help letting out a chuckle at her cute expression. He felt so much better when he heard her. He knew she would make him feel at ease, as expected from her. "Thanks, Zadie. Your words really mean a lot to me. I feel better now." He smiled at her sincerely.

Zadhea smiled back. "That's what friends are for. Aaah, yes! Don't forget to take care of yourself, okay? I wish your mission will be succeeded without much hardships."

"Thanks, Zadie." Lucas took both of her hands. "I have one more thing to say to you."

Aisha, one of the bullies who took part in pestering Dreva, saw an out of ordinary scene in the second floor. She tiptoed and quickly hid behind a corner, not letting the couple know her presence as she perked her ears up to listen to their conversation. She was actually surprised to see Zadhea meeting a man so secretly. She knew something was fishy and she loved it.

'Isn't she the fiancée of our vice president? What is she doing with another man here? Mmm, interesting.'

Zadhea looked up at Lucas with a questionable look on her face. Before she could ask anything, Lucas blurted out, "I'm also a prince and I have a marriage contract with you since we are kids. My real name is Aoire. I'm the real heir of Kingdom Albrecht. Wait for me, Zadie. I'll help you to annul the engagement with Heidith. Trust me!"