71. Let's end this

Zadhea squeezed her eyes as a burst of pain ran through her lower abdomen. Her legs began shaking as well, letting her realise that her period had come. Gosh! Not now. She thought painfully as she clutched her stomach.

Not getting a reply from her friend, Evelyn felt a bit anxious. She looked at Zadhea and questioned, "Why did you do that? I never knew you were that kind of a person."

"What did I do?" Zadhea asked back, trying to ignore the pain she was having. "What the hell are you talking about, Evelyn? If you suspect me, you can go. No need to waste time talking to me!"

"Really? Here I thought they were just rumours. Seems like they aren't. You are truly something else." Evelyn sized her up and down. "You are more vicious than Mimosa. She just bullied Dreva but you... You directly kicked her out of the college."

"The hell!" Zadhea's face turned red in anger. "Are you crazy?! What has gotten into you? I can't even understand what you are saying." She massaged her forehead. "I just gave her a little advice. Why should I make her leave here? It's really not me, okay?"

"Fine." Evelyn dropped her shoulders. "I'll believe you then. But... What about that letter? She clearly said that you..."

"What letter?" Zadhea felt restless. "Please just go, Evelyn. I'm not in the mood to talk to you right now."

Evelyn blinked before giving Zadhea a deep look. She wanted to trust her friend but the letter Dreva had written before leaving the school was not something to be ignored. The headmaster even confirmed that it was Dreva's handwriting after comparing it with her personal diary.

"Okay, fine. I'll go. You don't seem to be alright." Evelyn sighed. "Are you on your period or what?"

Zadhea was surprised. "How do you know?"

Evelyn raised her eyebrows in amusement. "Are you really? Whoa! That indeed makes sense. Time for me to stay away from you." She giggled. "Are you wearing something? You know I hate not being able to wear pads. Like... Ugh, these silky clothes! They are so uncomfortable. They should have at least given us some cotton stuff."

"And I can't agree more." Zadhea shrugged. "I expected it to happen soon. So I started wearing silky clothes above my underwears like two days ago. It came in handy, I guess."

"Wow! Smarty!" Evelyn winked. "I must do the same. Hey, why don't you think of introducing pads for the girls? It'll be a huge support as well as a great business. I know you are into business stuff."

"Yeah, but..." Zadhea hesitated. "I don't know. Let's put it aside for the time being. I'm not here to change this world, remember?"

"I know, I know. But it's a good deed. Why can't you do something good before leaving?"

Zadhea felt helpless when she saw Evelyn's pout. "Okay, fine. I'll talk about it with Simon."

"Simon?" Evelyn choked on her saliva and started coughing. "You are talking about sanitary pads with a freaking boy?"

"So what?" Zadhea gave her a look of disdain. "Don't speak like a traditional girl. Since we have to suffer for four days by having period once a month and taking care of a baby for nine months, why can't they support us by doing such a simple thing like that? So unfair! They must be responsible for girls' pain."

"Yeah, true though," Evelyn said half-heartedly. She still couldn't believe that Zadhea would talk about girls' stuff with Simon.

Unbelievable!

When Evelyn left, Zadhea strolled around the isolated place, puffing her cheeks from time to time. She really hated being a girl when it came to those days. Not having any strength to walk further, she sat on a nearby bench, hugging herself.