15. Put me down!

"Can you see her? She's the girl with pink hair! Look, look," Evelyn urged.

Zadhea's gaze fell upon the simple looking girl who was pouring some wine into a duke's silver goblet. Her lowered livid blue eyes glittered like gems under the light of crystal chandeliers. Her whole persona looked alluring although she was dressed in maids' clothes. She was the type of a girl who made the opposite gender wanting to protect her at any cost.

Indeed a beauty. An innocent beauty.

"Oh, I see." Zadhea looked away, mumbling, "She's beautiful."

"Yea, but not as much as you are..."

"Don't flatter me!" Zadhea hit Evelyn's elbow. "She's the female lead for fuck's sake."

"Hush, Zadiee. Someone might hear you!!!" Evelyn looked around, worried.

Zadhea wanted to tell her not to worry. But somebody approached her before she could speak.

She looked at the young man before her speechlessly.

His green eyes carried a hint of surprise and then it faded away within a second, leaving no trace. Soon, he appeared normal and unaffected like nothing had happened at all.

"What are you doing here? I already said good bye." Zadhea tiredly massaged her forehead.

Not caring about her behaviour, Heidith simply said, "Let's dance."

"What?" Zadhea was stupefied but was able to recover quickly as she denied, "Nooo!"

"Be good."

"..."

Suddenly, a maid bumped into him hard. As a result, Heidith's white shirt soaked in red wine, leaving ugly red scars.

Dreva was horrified. She quickly apologized to him again and again.

"I'm sorry, your highness. Please forgive me!" Tears filled in her blue greyish eyes. They soon became red as her tears fell to the floor, drop by drop.

"I didn't know. I didn't see. Please forgive..."

"Enough!" Heidith raised his palm, motioning her to stop talking.

Zadhea watched the show with interest. She didn't read the novel so she didn't know what would happen next. No worries, she could witness the live action.

Maybe, romance novels aren't that bad.

At least, dramatic scenes are quite satisfying.

When she goes back, it's better to take a look at a romance novel. There are more to it than simply fluffy love and sweet romance.

Especially, scenes like this.

Dreva bit her lower lip hard that it almost bled. Her delicate body started shaking faintly, making others have pity on her.

Heidith let out a sigh.

"You may go. Be careful next time. Others won't be as patient as me," He said, catching the three girls off-guard.

"Thank you so much, your highness for your kindness! This lowly servant doesn't know how to express her gratitude."

Dreva's eyes twinkled like stars. She eagerly and happily gave him a smile before leaving while wiping her tears.

She didn't forget to pause in her tracks to look back at his handsome face for one last time.

"How's the drama?" A low voice whispered in Zadhea's ear.

"Not that interesting," Zadhea truthfully answered before coming to her senses.

"What? What drama?" She pretended to be innocent and asked.