20. A misunderstanding

Next day morning...

Tuk
Tuk
Tuk

There was a faint knock on the door to prince Heidith's chamber.

He frowned slightly and sat up on the edge of the bed before pulling apart the curtains near his bed. Judging from the sky, he could see that it was still dark and it might be four in the morning. 

So early!

Who wanted to trouble him at such an hour?

Fearing that the girl next to him might wake up because of the noise, he quickly approached the door and opened it only to see Suzamine, one of his shadow knights. 

"What's up?" His voice screamed displeasure.

Suzamine gulped nervously as his eyes fell on the girl lying on the bed, sleeping without a sound. It seemed like what Iven told them was true. The prince really slept with his fiancée. Not that it was wrong, but he was surprised because he knew the prince's character very well. 

Yeah, he knew Heidith didn't 'SLEEP' sleep with her but sharing the same bed for a night was already a huge thing. Luckily, there was no one around to spread unnecessary rumours.

"Greetings to your..."

"Skip the greetings and directly enter the topic." The prince was impatient. He slowly closed the door and started walking outside along with the knight, talking. 

"Sure. It's about the queen."

"My mother?"

"Yes..."

"What happened to her?" Heidith narrowed his eyes dangerously. 

Suzamine almost trembled in fear. In this world, he wasn't afraid of anything except the Rodwef prince's glare. It was like a direct call from hell. He appeared as the devil himself. 

"Nothing serious, sire. A messenger dove from Rodwef palace conveyed a message to his majesty saying that the queen was fainted in the middle of the night and when the physician examined her, she found out... She found out..."

Suzamine stuttered for the first time. Although he was afraid of the devilish prince, he never stammered in front of him like that, no matter what.

Heidith furrowed his brows. Seemed like it wasn't a simple thing.

"Idiot, just spit it out already!" He yelled at him, agitated. There was a bad feeling bubbling in his heart. He couldn't help but lost it.

"Her highness is pregnant. The wizard, Ocaris the great, said that it's a boy. He even described his appearance. He will look like the queen in the future."

The first born child looked like King Foneth. He was naturally proud about it however he loved his wife so much that he anticipated a child that looked like her. When he realized his expectations wouldn't come true, he accepted it half-heartedly.

But now...

Seemed like his hopes succeeded.

Heidith suddenly became silent. 

He was having a novel feeling.

A sibling eighteen years younger than him... It sounded so weird to him. 

After a period of silence, he finally spoke up. "Good."

Suzamine raised his eyebrows, stunned. "Just good?"

"What else?" Heidith actually felt a little headache knowing that he might have to be a second parent to his so much young sibling. What if he behaved like a rebellious little brat? Ugh! He may get scolded from his parents because of his brother...