13. A Prince's thoughts

The royal Princess looked at herself in the tall mirror. Her reflection was alluring, carrying a hint of charm that belonged to a noble lady.

The dazzling velvet dress hugged her every curve, all the way down to the floor. The jewelleries were all purple and silver, matching with her outfit. Even though they kinda looked a bit exaggerated, they still lit up her beauty.

"Are you happy, Zadie?" Evelyn asked, her voice quivering. She sat down on Zadhea's bed, examining the whole progress while Zadhea's maids were busy with her make up and perfume.

Zadhea sneered at her question. Motioning for the maids to leave, she turned to face her friend.

"Yeah, very happy. So happy to finally become the villainess." Her voice was filled with mockery.

Evelyn lowered her eyes guiltily. "I should have warned you. This engagement is an important part of the novel. This is where the main roles meet for the first time. But, as you can see, I also transmigrated here when I was a baby. Thus I couldn't remember all the important key points. I'm sorry, Zadhea."

"No need to apologize. I can understand." The princess gave her a weak smile.

"Evie, let the princess be alone for a moment." Lady Gagani's voice could be heard from the other side. She was Evelyn's mother.

Patting the princess's shoulder lightly in order to console her, Evelyn finally left the chamber with a sigh.

Zadhea turned to face her reflection again. Remembering Evelyn's previous words, she smiled, her eyes showing mixed emotions.

"Stinky prince, are you going to cheat on me on our engagement day?"

-----------------------

When Zadhea arrived at the venue, everyone was already waiting for her. Their piercing gazes made her feel uncomfortable.

Why did she feel like a bride walking along the altar all of a sudden?

And what was up with them? Why these nobles were looking at her like they wanted to find the tiniest mistake she would make?

Gulping hard, she clutched the hem of her dress and quickened her steps. However, the long gown and high heels were unfamiliar to her. As a result, she slipped and fell forward, ready to kiss the ground.

'Damn!'

Prince Heidith reacted fast. He swiftly pulled his fiancée into his arms, rescuing her from the fall and as well as the embarrassment.

"Thank you," Zadhea whispered, her face blushing like a red tomato.

"It's nothing. Pay attention to your steps," The prince kindly warned her, not knowing that his words would make her angry.

When she got released from that awkward position, Zadhea quickly adjusted her wrinkled dress. She surpassed the desire to snap at the stinky prince.

Who did he think he was? Her mother?

Speaking of which, Zadhea could sense her mother's glare. Nevermind, she was immune to it anyway.

She felt speechless as she glanced at the delicate pillow that held the silver couple rings. The rings looked simple without any exaggerating designs. The thick and large ring was plain silver while the small ring was engraved with a droplet-shaped diamond.

One look and she fell in love.

What if their engagement was fake? She would definitely keep this beauty with her!

Zadhea liked simple accessories. So the ring perfectly matched to her taste.

Who knew that the neighbouring royalties could be this thoughtful?

Prince Heidith's lips raised into a smile as he saw the girl's admiring look on the rings. It seemed like he was correct. She still didn't change. Maybe her parents wanted her to dress up from head to toe. He could understand it by looking at her overly stunning outfit. It must really be her parents' work.

Fortunately, he prevented his father from buying a big diamond ring just in time.

His mouth itched to ask whether she liked it or not, however he couldn't find the courage.

She was like an ice cube. Why would he open his mouth first? Let her take the initiative!

Okay, okay. Although he would never admit that, he was actually shy right now.

He was shy to speak with her...

He felt his face heating up whenever he faced the ice cube princess.

He didn't know what was happening with him, what was wrong with him...

"Share the rings," Someone broke the silence.

Zadhea almost flinched. She unconsciously grabbed the thick ring. When her long fingers touched the cold surface, she came back to her senses.

Wait... She already planned to oppose to the engagement. What the hell was she doing now?

Before she could say anything, a big hand suddenly appeared in front of her blue crystal eyes, making her almost drool. Slender fingers, tiny scars, big palm... It screamed strong masculinity.

With a trembling hand, Zadhea quickly put the ring on his ring finger. On the progress, she could feel the warmth of his fingers. Unlike her cold fingers, they were warm, rough and she kinda liked to hold his hand perhaps a bit longer...

Wait, what was she thinking? How could she fall in love with a damn hand just like that?!

Sure enough, this male lead was really something else.

Something dangerous, unapproachable and must be avoided...

Heidith also took the small ring along with the small hand of his fiancée. He could feel her flinch as he touched her fingers. He took his own sweet time to slowly put the ring on her ring finger, totally opposite of how she did the deed.

Her hand was cold and delicate. He held the urge to rub her hands in order to keep them warm.

Just imagine...

On a cold night, they are walking along an isolated road, without no one else to interfere. Because of the bone-chilling coldness, the ice cube princess tries to keep her hands warm by rubbing them against her silky gown.

"Fool!" He sneers and takes her hands by both of his hands. Then he gently covers them entirely. It's not a big deal because his hands are big compared to her soft, little hands.

"What are you doing?" She blushes.

"Helping you to keep them warm," He replies.

"No need." Acting as cold and arrogant as always, the ice cube princess tries to break free from his clutch.

"Hold on," he says. "Do you want to get frozen to death?"

When he looks down at her eyes, she also looks up to see his green eyes. They speechlessly keep looking at each other.

"Ehem!" The girl suddenly cleared her throat.

"Why do you keep looking at me like that?" She softly murmured, aggrieved.

'You stinky prince, although you are quite charming, how can you shamelessly look at me like an awestruck puppy? So uncomfortable!'

"People are watching us," She complained again. 'So please restrain yourself!'

Soon, Heidith came to his senses. When he heard her soft voice, he couldn't stop himself from grinning.

"So what? You are my future wife," He unconsciously blurted out.