7. His future wife

"Why not?" Zadhea raised a brow. "Do you not want me to play my role?"

"It's not like that," Evelyn quickly denied. "Isn't it kind of lame? What if your family misunderstand you? You are completely different from that stupid Mimosa. You are learning to become a warrior. I know queen Margaret dislikes that. What if she takes your words as an opportunity to prevent you from training further? Isn't it a loss?"

Zadhea slowly nodded her head. Evelyn's words did make sense. In the end, she decided to act like a normal eight-year-old girl. Not clingy or rude. Just normal. Isn't it the most suitable way?

"I'll treat him as a guest," Said Zadhea.

The day of the banquet

Zadhea stared at the pink, very ladylike floral dress her mother had chosen for her. Then her gaze fell on the tight corset. She felt like collapsing. What a torture!

Nevertheless, she didn't want to cause trouble. So she obediently dressed up and did her make up just as Queen Margaret wanted to.

When Lady Evelyn saw her, her jaw dropped.

"Gosh, just like the dress Honey_cream described. I remember that part well because of the flower patterns and butterflies hair clips. Honey_cream said that the dress screamed of her fake innocence like a white lotus."

Zadhea knew that 'Honey_cream' was the author of that crazy novel.

Dang what? Fake innocence? White lotus?

She felt sympathy towards the villainess. It was all Queen Margaret's fault!

"Should I change my dress?"

"For the male lead?" Evelyn teased her with a wink.

The answer was obvious.

King Edwin's face turned dark when he saw his daughter's pink gown. It really didn't suit her. But he was afraid of offending his wife so he kept his mouth shut.

Queen Margaret nudged him asking, "Isn't she the prettiest?"

"Hmm."

Prince Heidith was eleven years old that year. He really wasn't interested in his fiancée's birthday party but his father insisted him to go so he reluctantly agreed.

He wore a black suit which emphasized his handsomeness and elegance. His raven black hair and green eyes gained others attention though he was still a child.

His best friend, the son of the prime minister, teased him by asking, "Eager to see your future wife, ha?"

Heidith rolled his eyes. "I don't even know her."

"What do you think of her?"

"I don't know. So I refuse to answer." His answers were always straightforward and logical.

"What do you think about the rumours? They say that she is hiding something. Even the king Edwin is hiding something. I want to discover what it is..."

Heidith looked at his friend sympathitically. "Rumours are rumours, Derek. Don't care about them until you meet the real person. My mother taught me that."

"You are so boring." Derek puffed his cheeks.

At that moment, they saw the Princess Zadhea's arrival. Wearing a pink gown, she came to the banquet holding her parents hands, looking happy like a ray of sunshine.

"Gosh! How old is she? Still wears pink dresses? I think she's still four or five years old!" Derek mocked.

Prince Heidith became unhappy as well. But he frowned when he realized that she looked uncomfortable.

"She looks uncomfortable," He uttered what was in his mind.

"She's full of smiles. Do you think I'm blind or something, your Highness? Wait, or... Are you taking your future wife's side already? I see, I see..."

Heidith rolled his eyes again. He didn't know what to do with his clumsy friend anymore. So he remained silent.

King Foneth pushed his son forward. "Go and wish your future wife a happy birthday," He urged.

Prince Heidith somehow became annoyed. He didn't like others always saying that. Future wife, future wife... So annoying!

Zadhea looked at the boy in front of her. He gave her an awkward smile before presenting his gift.

"Hi, Princess Mimosa Zadhea. I'm Heidith Greywolf, The prince of Rodwef." He introduced himself. "Here's a small present for you."

'Oh, here comes the male lead.' Zadhea got a good look at him while nodding her head. 'Sure enough, he looks so handsome even as a kiddo.'

"You are a wolf?" She couldn't help asking. His second name sounded weird plus she wanted to make him uneasy. Don't forget the fact that she was the legendary villainess.

Prince Heidith raised an eyebrow before saying, "Yeah. Wanna bite you?"

Catching her off guard, he took her wrist and pretended to bite her when he saw the scar on her wrist. It caught his attention because he had a scar similar to hers on his waist. It happened during a sword fight.

Embarrassed, Princess Zadhea tried to break free from his clutch but he tightened his grip on her asking, "How did you get a scar?"

"None of your business," She answered curtly. "By the way, wolves don't bite. Only dogs do."

Damn! Was she mocking him? Derek covered his mouth using both of his hands or else he would laugh like a hyena.

Prince Heidith looked at her, amazed. "Wow, princess. You are so intelligent. I never knew that only dogs can bite people. Let's be friends, brave girl," He said rather sarcastically. "But you still have to tell me how you got this scar."

Are all male leads psychopaths like this?

Princess Zadhea, like an arrogant witch, lifted her chin and said, "I don't wanna be friends with you. So I'm not bound to say." With that, she left, holding his present.

Did he think of her as dumb? He was clearly mocking her too.

"She still has the nerve to keep that gift," Derek complained.

"I gave it to her. So she has the right to take it with her."

"After everything, you still take her side! What has gotten into you?" Derek was clearly displeased.

Heidith shrugged his shoulders. "It's not that I like her behaviour but at least, she isn't faking anything."

Zadhea became exhausted after the banquet. She took a bath and changed into her casual clothes. 'Aaah! Finally! The heaven!'

She jumped on her bed, cuddling with her teddy bears when she suddenly heard a faint sound like 'Meow'!?

What? A cat?

It came from the present the prince had given to her.

Zadhea recieved so many gifts. She could fill an entire room with her gifts. However, she only brought a few presents with her to her room. They were from her parents, Evelyn, Mario and of course, the prince. She brought his present with her purely due to her curiosity.

She climbed down her bed and carefully opened the box. As expected, there was a white Persian kitten inside the box. It looked at her and meowed again.

'Awww... So cute!'

She picked up the kitten and hugged it tightly.

"Baby, are you hungry? Let mommy feed you some milk!"

The next morning when Evelyn found out about the kitten, she screamed in shock.

"Throw her away, throw her away!!!"