46. Fury and Sherrie

Moonlight tried to sneak a peek at the royal bedchamber through the white plain curtains that covered the tall glass windows. Despite its determined attempts, the room was pitch black, even without a dim light of a candle. On the giant bed in the middle, a figure was tossing and turning, trying hard to go to sleep. However, sleepiness was still far away from him. His thick eyebrows knitted together as he pressed his lips hard. His expression showed discomfort and he sighed heavily from time to time.

The young man couldn't take it anymore. He straightened his upper body and leaned against the bed headboard, wondering about the girl who was slowly stealing his heart.

Zadhea...

Her name made him feel depressed. He wanted to hate her. But he also knew that as much as he hated her, he liked her that much too. Maybe even more. Or else, what was the point of having such weird yet painful nightmares every night? He couldn't understand why he couldn't get a wink of sleep. It was like she wanted to suck his soul out of his body, throwing him into a dark abyss. That woman, he knew she wasn't worthy of his consideration. Why would he think about her so desperately when she didn't even care about how he was, what he was doing or if he was dead? Such a person, she wasn't worthy of becoming his wife.

Are you sleeping peacefully, dear? He thought in his heart as a bitter smile appeared on his lips. She must be enjoying luxuries while he was suffering an endless torture. Maybe he should have talked to her that day. Never in his wildest dreams he would have thought of being so frustrated like this. If he knew, he would definitely hold a conversation, ending everything for once and for all.

Heidith felt his throat go dry. He grabbed the water cup beside the bedside table only to see the emptiness in it which resembled his empty and lonely heart. With a yet another sigh, he stood up from the bed and put on his shoes and coat before leaving the room without making a sound.

He didn't want to bother his servants with such trivial matters. Although they were appointed to do his stuff and it was indeed their only job, they were still humans. He didn't want to interrupt their sleep. Thus, he went to the kitchen all by himself before pouring some water into a glass, drinking it with long gulps as his adam's apple moved up.

Soon, he felt comfortable. Leaving the kitchen, he didn't return to his chamber because he felt suffocating whenever he lied down on that giant bed, all alone. He never felt that way, maybe because he was in the boys' hostel of Ashenara academy for more than two years or maybe due to his cheerfulness, thinking of his happy future without obstacles.

Happy future without obstacles! Why did it sound so ridiculous to him when he thought about it again? A pure joke! His hand automatically met with his already messy black hair, making it messier.

He roamed around the royal castle aimlessly. Cold wind attacked him nonstop, trying to pull his coat away. Heidith shivered as he tightened the fluffy coat around him. Nothing could stop his soulless body from moving forward. That way, he could at least distract himself from the depressing thoughts that tortured him every night like some kind of blood thirsty demons.

He shouldn't have met his father. That meeting in the evening rubbed salt against his already wounded heart.

Wow, another guy. He was amused. Whom will she marry? That forest guy or Dylan guy if he wasn't a brother or... I don't wanna be narcissistic. She won't even consider me as one of her suitors. He didn't know why she disliked him. He only knew that she despised him and wanted to avoid him as much as she could.

She would never marry him out of her free will.

He knew the look she gave him was always filled with mockery, and amusement like he was a performer who was obligated to entertain her.