8. The wife's pet

"No way! Why would I do that?" Zadhea kissed the kitten's cheek. "She's a cutie. I feel like my heart is melting whenever I look at her eyes."

Evelyn bit her lip. "Oh I forgot that you aren't our legendary Mimosa. Even this kitty knows you guys are different."

Zadhea raised a brow. "What do you mean by that?"

"In the novel, Mimosa happily opened the Prince's gift then and there after claiming to be his fiancée. Unexpectedly, the kitty jumped out and scratched her face. It left an ugly scar on her cheek for the rest of her life. Horrible, right? Do you know what she did to that kitty afterwards?"

"What did she do? Hit her?"

"Killed her."

"Oh no." Zadhea hugged her kitten. "Poor Lillian. How could she kill an innocent cat?"

Lillian was the name Zadhea gave to her cat.

"Hello, the cat scratched her face," Evelyn reasoned. "She valued her beauty the most. I must warn you as well. This cat seems to be a meanie just like the person who gifted her. So be careful with her."

"You meant the male lead is rude?" Zadhea asked.

When she met him for the first time, she couldn't help but think that he must be a nice person. Of course, if she forgot about his psychopath doggy behaviour.

"Nope, really. He's good. I was joking," Evelyn truthfully answered. "Almost everyone loved him and they even said that he should have given the villainess a severe punishment rather than making her a beggar."

Zadhea shook her head. "I disagree. That punishment is like a death sentence to her. Imagine living in a castle for decades only to be thrown out to live in roads. She must have felt devastated."

Evelyn nodded thoughtfully. "What you are saying is correct. No wonder she killed herself afterwards."

Zadhea sighed. "I wish I could do the same. See how much I work hard just to die honourably in the end. The system told me that only male lead can kill me. I can't kill myself. What a pity!"

"Why must you kill yourself?"

Evelyn still couldn't understand. Zadhea had told her many times that she wanted to die from the male lead's hands so that she could return to her original world.

"I want to go back. If you want to come, you have to follow my path."

"I don't want to go back," Evelyn protested. "Of course I also missed my family. But it has been eight years. I can't even remember their faces anymore. Better to accept this world. Moreover, I loved this novel and I have always hoped to live like an ancient lady. Finally my wish came true."

Then she gave Zadhea a deep look.

"I know the entire story. The moment I finished learning how to write in Zurratte (this country's main language), I wrote down the important incidents so that I won't forget them later. Dear, I know about the male lead, what he likes and dislikes, what kind of a woman he wants, his past, present and future. So let me help you to fall in love with him. Isn't it the best way? Don't worry, with your charms, he'll definitely fall for you."

Zadhea rolled her eyes. "Then make him fall in love with you instead," She said sarcastically.

"No need. It's an unnecessary trouble. Moreover, you are better than me."

"Oh hoo. So you are telling me to change into a different person to seduce the prince."

"I didn't say that! Why can't you just marry him? You aren't a bad person. No need to change yourself. But still... Please consider giving him a chance."