Chapter 1 - Olivia Middleton

Olivia Middleton, the only daughter of Austin Ainsworth & Rose Middleton. Olivia, since she was a baby, was a quite unique infant. Never cried around strangers, always quiet, no fussing over stuff and always calm. Her parents used to think that there might be something wrong about the baby but with numerous visits to the doctors, they all said that she was a perfectly fine baby girl. 

Growing up, Rose and Austin weren't very affectionate to her, as they always dreamt & hoped of having a baby boy, only. But when Olivia was born, they weren't happy, which a parent should be no matter the gender. And that led to neglect in taking care of Livia, which in turn made the poor little girl think that, that was the only way a child is raised. Her parents mostly and by mostly, it meant 99% would leave the little girl alone in hopes that something would happen to her. But, to their disappointment, nothing ever happened to her. Up until the age of 11, Liv didn't think anything was wrong about her and was always happy. Had the habit of living alone in the house.

Until one fine morning, when Rose & her husband had already left for work, leaving the child without a nanny. Liv was already 11 years old and almost capable of taking care of herself by her own and was playing inside her house, when she heard a loud thud on the window. She went outside to find a dead owl. As sweet as she is, she went to the owl and took the bird in her hand and started crying over the fact that an owl had just dropped dead by crashing into her window. As soon as a drop of her tear fell on the owl, the bird started to lightly flap its wings and open her eyes. Liv was shocked to see this. She particularly remembered checking if the bird was alive and it wasn't. She noticed the features of the owl and found a small black spot on its leg. The owl sat on her arms and cooed in her ear making her giggle. Liv, being a sweetheart, offered the owl some water and food before it left. Livia got to thinking that there might be something about her, wrong or not.

It was a normal Tuesday night for everyone around The Ruffle Street. Everyone ended their day as normal but not the Middletons. Olivia was really excited to tell her mother about the little encounter she had with the owl. But as soon as her parents came home, they started fighting, making Liv scared and run up to her bedroom and sleep without dinner.

It was about 5 in the morning, when Olivia heard a thud. She woke up and saw no one and thought it might be an animal or something. Then after a few more minutes, she again heard a thud, this time she thought that it might've been a dream and slept again. But then again, she heard the thud louder this time, which was caused by the sound of her window being broken. As soon as Olivia heard it, she grabbed her baseball bat, that she always kept near her night stand, and was ready to attack whoever broke the window, she was about to attack the person, when all of the sudden, her bat was hanging in the air by itself.

It scared her. But as much as she was sweet, she was also brave. She stepped forward to see who this man clearly was. And the man came into sight, the room only lit by her nightlight and the moonlight. She saw a man wearing all black robe, his hair almost touching the shoulders. The man introduced himself.

"Hi, Miss Middleton, I'm Severus Snape" he said coldly, but with a soft voice, calming her.

"Hi, Mr. Snape" she said politely with a hint of being scared.

"I assume that you've already received your Hogwarts letter, so I'm here to take you to the school" he told, as usual, coldly.

"My.... what now Sir? And even if you are here to take me, my mom said that I shouldn't go with strangers anywhere." she asked and protested politely.

"Your Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry letter, my child. You're a witch, you can do magic. I'm a friend of your mum's and she told me to take you away when the time is right and I also teach at the school, so you should call me Professor Snape." He said calmly, sensing the fear in the child's eyes.

"Alright, if my mom said so, then let me wake her up and tell that I have to go to..." she took a pause to remember the name of the school.

"Hogwarts" Snape replied, but when she was about to turn, he grabbed her wrist and said "My child, you cannot tell your parents about this, if you wake them up now and tell them about you being a witch, their lives will be in danger. No one in the muggle world knows about magic and we'll be doomed if they know." Then he let go of her wrist.

She looked confused and was about to ask the professor when he replied, "Muggle means people who cannot do magic"

"But I cannot leave them without saying anything they'll be worried"

"As soon as you reach the school, they'll be informed about you and your whereabouts" Professor Snape replied.

"Ok then, if you know my mom and they'll be informed when I reach there, let's go Professor" she said sweetly.

Snape put his hand on her shoulder and apparated to Diagon Alley. Olivia was happy to see all the kids and their pets and their parents running around Diagon Alley. Snape handed her the Hogwarts letter so that she could read what was written in it for the first time.