1 🍂

"Bhai.." A loud voice interrupted the two men sitting in the garden, discussing business. A petite girl came running towards the duo and halted in her steps a few meters away.

"Oh Ibraheem bhai aye hain, Assalamualaikum." She greeted.

"Walekumassalam, kaisi ho?" Her brother's best friend and business partner asked.

"Mai thik hoon aur ap?" Haya asked.

"Mai bhi." He replied and she nodded.

"Zafar bhai, mujhe help chahiye apki." Haya spoke.

"Kya help?" Zafar asked.

"Ye taste karke bataen kaisa hai?" She said showing him the cake she prepared a while ago.

"Uhm I'll pass." Zafar said quietly.

"Bhaiii maine itni mehnat se banaya hai." She whined.

"Sorry meri behen, bhale hi tum kitni hi achi cooking karlo, baking is not your forte. I really want to live, I can't eat this." Zafar raised his hand in surrender. Ibraheem was amused with the scene playing before him.

"Bhai kaisa kar rahe hain khalen naa."

"Mai kha kar bataun?" Ibraheem interrupted.

"Sachhii haan please, thank you Ibraheem bhai." She giggled and forwarded the plate towards him.

"Bhai mere mat Kha. Kal bohot important meeting hai aur mujhe waha teri zaroorat hai." Zafar said dramatically making the latter laugh.

"Bhai." Haya slapped her brother's arm.

Ibraheem took the plate from her and grabbed the spoon that was placed beside the small piece of cake. Zafar and Haya watched in anticipation as Ibraheem took a bite. He stayed quite for a moment and his gaze shifted back and forth towards the siblings.

"Bola tha mat kha ab--." Zafar was cut off by Ibraheem.

"Ye bohot hi acha hai yaar." Haya looked at him wide eyed.

"Sach me?" She asked hopefully.

"Haan sach mein." He nodded.

"Tumhara dil rakhne ke liye bol raha hai." Zafar said.

"Nahi bhai tu kha ke dekh." Ibraheem passed the plate to Zafar who eyed his best friend suspiciously. "Abe ek bite to le."

Zafar took a bite hesitantly.

"Ye pakka tumne hi banaya hai?" Zafar asked his sister who was looking at him expectantly.

"Haan bhai." She replied.

"Waah ye to sach me bohot accha hai yaar. Tu to sach me sikh gayi yaar." Zafar pulled her cheek and She smiled widely.

"Aur hai to mujhe laado" Ibraheem said.

"Ofcourse Ibraheem bhai stay for dinner and we'll eat it for dessert. Mai Maya aur Zoya ke liye bhi pack kar dungi." She smiled happily.

"Haan ye sahi hai." Zafar said.

"Ap kyu khush ho rahe hain? Apko nahi milega." She said making Ibraheem laugh.

"Kyu bhaiyya?"

"Ap mazak udha rahe thy mera. So no cake for you. Bohot hi khrab hai na meri baking skills." She replied.

"Oh mai to mazak kar raha tha meri pyaari behen." Zafar tried to act cute for his sister but it didn't work.

"Nope. See you at dinner boys." With she ran inside the house.

~~~~~~~

"Zafar, Ibraheem beta dinner is ready." Zubaida, Zafar's mother, called them.

"Ji mama aa rahe hain." Zafar replied. "Chal bhai ye sab bad me dekhenge abhi chalte hain warna wo bhooki ghar sar py utha legi."

"Haa bhai jaldi chal, mujhe teri behen ki bhook se bohot dar lagta hai." Ibraheem agreed and they wrapped their work as fast as they could.

Haya was sitting impatiently at the dining table wating for her brother to come so they can start eating. She is an absolute foodie, and she literally can't control her hunger.

"Offo mama, kitni der wait karna padega?"

"Haya have some patience." Zubaida, her mother replied.

"Yrrr I'm hungry naa." She whined.

"Beta what is this behaviour? You literally had snacks an hour ago." Her Father, Sohail said.

"Sorry we're late." Zafar said and he and Ibraheem entered the dining area.

"You bette be sorry. Kabse wait krrhe thy." Haya said to Zafar.

"It's literally been two Minutes." Ibraheem said.

"Ibraheem bhai." She called his name in a scolding tone.

"Acha na sorry. Mai to bhool hi gaya tum bachpan se bhooki ho. Chalo shuru karo." He said making everyone laugh.

"Baba dekh rahe hain ap? Ye dono aise hi mujhe bully karty aa rahe hain bachpan se."

"Oho aur apka jo group hai, three musketeers, wo to bohot shareef hai,haina?" Sohail asked playfully, referring to her partners in crime, Zoya and Maya.

"Baba am I really your daughter?" She gasped.

"Drama queen khana khao." Her mother, who was sitting beside her, nudged her playfully.

"Han bhooki khaao." Ibraheem said receiving a glare from the younger.

"Zafar bhai apne Ibbi ko apna naya camera dikhaya?" She smiled evilly. She knew he hated that name.

"Haan dikhaya na. Tumhe pasand ayaa na Ibbi?" Zafar joined his sister and Ibraheem facepalmed.

"Chalo bas ab mere bete ko pareshaan mat karo. Ibraheem beta tum khana khao." Zubaida said to the former who just nodded with a smile.

"Aur beta Javed aur Farzana kaise hain?" Sohail asked.

"Ammi abbu thik hain Alhamdulillah." Ibraheem replied.

"Acha. Mai soch raha kuch get together plan karein, kaafi time ho gaya unse mile hue." Sohail said.

"Khuda ka khauf Karein baba, last week barbeque kara tha apan ne sath me. Sidhe sidhe bola karein apko apne bestie ki yaad aati rehti hai. Bas milne ke bahane dhunte hain." Haya laughed munching on her food.

"Waise uncle sach me iss bhooki ne pehli baar kuch sahi bola hai. MashaAllah aplogo ki friendship to bohot hi precious hai." He smile at his uncle, ignoring the glare he was recieving from Haya as he called he bhooki.

"Haan wouldn't you know, Ibbi." She smiled sarcastically.

Dinner went smoothly apart from the childish banter every now and then among the three kids present in the room. They all shifted to the living room for a cup of coffee and the cake made by Haya.

"Ok auntie and uncle, I'll be taking my leave now. Thanks for the cake Haya." Ibraheem said getting up from the couch.

"Anytime." She smiled. "Oh wait," she got up from the couch and ran to the kitchen. She came back with Tupperware box in her hand.

"This is for Zoya and Maya. Don't even think of eating it cause I've already informed them in the GC okay?" She warned and he raised his hands in surrender.

"Ok you're good to go now. Allah hafiz." She waved and went to her room.

"Allah hafiz uncle and auntie." Ibraheem said.

"Chal mai bahar chor kar ata hun." Zafar said getting up too.

"Chal zyada formal ho rha to ghar tak chorde?"

"Ja raha tha na? Darwaze to pata hi hai. Allah hafiz." Zafar said and they both laughed.

"Allah hafiz." With that he left.