4 🦋

Today is the day of Samiya's Rukhsati. Seher and Zainab got up earlier than they usually do and rushed to wake up the twins.

"Chalo jaldi utho. Go shower, you stink." Zainab yelled and they twins shot up from their beds.

"What? Kya sach me api?" Ayesha asked.

"Nahi. Ab jab uth gayi ho to naha lo." Zainab smiled.

"Uff."

Seher rushed to Dadi jaan's room.

"Dadi jaan sunein."

"Haa beta bolo."

"Kuch aisa bataen jisse mujhe rona na aye." She said and dadi jaan chuckled.

"Hain kyu?"

"Ary Samiya api ki Rukhsati ke waqt main roungi to Junaid aur Arsalan bhai mera mazak udaengy." She whined.

"Nahi udaengy. Wo dono khud ro rahe hongy. Hai to wo unki bhi behen na." Dadi jaan explained.

"Pakka na?"

"Haan pakka."

"Yess." She exclaimed.

"Seher." Sameena's voice was heard.

"Ji taayi ammi?" She asked getting out of dadi jaan's room.

"Beta mera kuch kaam hai kar dogi?"

"Ji boliye?"

"Tumhe ye saman apni nigraani mein car me rakhwana hai. Mujhe in ladkon py zara bhi bharosa nahi hai " She said referring to the Bari, which took hours to prepare and was nicely decorated.

"Zainab Ayesha aur Sana ko lekar parlour jarhi hai warna mai usse bol deti, aur mujhe pura yaqeen in nalayako se sirf tum kaam karwa sakti ho." Sameena said and Seher laughed.

"Aur beta apne appointment ki fikar mat karo, tum time par pohoch jaogi, maine Furqaan se boldia hai wo tumhe lekar jaega aur lekar bhi ayega." Seher's smiled slowly faded, it's not that she didn't want to go with him but after last night she got awkward. She didn't want to face him, just yet. But there goes her plan.

"Ji taayi ammi, mai bas apna saman apne bag me rakh lun fir mai niche aakr ye sab rakhwa dungi." She smiled.

"Shukriya mera beta." She pecked her forehead and left.

Seher rushed to her room and packed her stuff into her bag. She grabbed it and went downstairs. She placed her bag on the sofa in the living room.

"Arsalan bhai, Junaid." She yelled.

"Kya hai, kyu chilla rahi ho?" Junaid asked.

"Ye sab samaan car mein rakhna hai. I'm incharge." She smirked folding her arms.

"Ha to rakh do." Arsalan said.

"Ji nahi. Ap dono rakhengy aur wo bhi bilkul dhyaan se. Kuch bhi agar toota to mai ap dono ko tod sakti hun, taayi ammi ki ijazat hai." She grinned evilly.

"Chaliye kaam py lagiye. Sab kuch upar rakha hai." She said and supervised her brothers' work. After an hour of carrying heavy baskets and going up and down the stairs the work was done. The two males sat on the sofa panting.

"Agli shadi meri. Mai kaam nahi karunga kisi ki shadi me." Junaid said. Arsalan slapped the back of his head and Seher chuckled.

"Ap dono ladiye. Mai jarhi parlour." She walked towards the stairs and yelled.

"Furqaan bhai, chalen hum late ho jaengy."

"Arha hun." He yelled back. "Chalo."

He came rushing down the stairs and saw her holding her bag.

"Ye mujhe dedo." He said grabbing the bag.

"Nahi thik hai."

"Heavy lag raha hai dedo mujhe." He insisted and she let go.

Her mind started thinking again, why is he so caring. Uff. He opened the car door for her and she sat in the front. He got in his seat and drove off.

"Kitne baje tak ana hai tumhe lene." He asked as he parked the car in front of the parlour.

"Pata nahi, Zainab api aur twins ko lene ap ayengy?" She asked.

"Nahi wo teeno Junaid ke sath jaaengi."

"Okay to mai apko call kar dungi when I'm ready."

"Ok. Allah hafiz."

"Allah hafiz."

~~time skip~~

Seher was ready and set to go. She called Furqaan and he answered almost immediately.

"I'm almost done. Ap ajaen." She said.

"Ok I'm coming." He hung up.

She quickly wore her sandals and packed her stuff into the bag. She got a call from him indicating he is here. She walked out and he stood there leaning against the car. She almost tripped as she kept staring at him, he looked so handsome.

Snap out of it Seher.

The sound of heels made Furqaan look away from his phone and when he did his jaw dropped. There she stood in a plain black lehenga with silver sequence work at the bottom of her short kurti and the end of her sleeves. The bottom of her lehenga was also decorated with silver design. The duppatta which was covered with silver lace at the border, was draped over her side while her hair flowed down to her waist. Silver bangles adorned her henna covered hands and big silver jhumke completed the look.

She took a step towards him and he couldn't keep his eyes off of her. He took the bag from her hand.

"You're looking...so beautiful." He said.

"Thank you." She said tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "You look handsome as well." She breathed out suddenly feeling shy.

"Yeah well, I tried."

"Yes you just tried, look at your tie, mister." She giggled recovering from her shyness.

"Jaldi jaldi me sahi se nahi bandhi."

He kept the bag in the backseat and opened the door for her. She sat in the passengers seat and he got into the driver's.

"Give it to me." She said. He took it off and gave it to her. She opened the knot and put it around her neck and started tying a proper knot while he drove.

"And done." She said and took it off. A few minutes later he announced,

"We're here." He said. She handed him his tie and he pulled it over his head.

They both got out of the car and started heading towards the house.

"Rukiye." She called out. He stopped and turned around. "Apka collar." She said and walked near him and fixed his collar.

"Thank you." He said and he noticed how she was reaching his shoulder now, meaning she was wearing heels. He grabbed her hand and guided her through the two steps that were present on the entrance of their house.

"Tum itni heels me chal bhi sakti ho?" He asked genuinely concerned.

"Haan koi masla nahi hai."

"Thik hai."

They went inside and saw everyone gathered in the living room. Dadi jaan's eyes lit up when they both walked into the room.

"We were just waiting for you two." Ayesha said.

"MashaAllah, kitni pyaari lag rahi ho tum." Aslam said.

"Thank you taya abba." She smiled.

"Sach me." Sameena agreed.

"Tum to sach me insaan lag rahi ho." Junaid laughed and high fived Arsalan.

"Pitna hai kya tum dono ko." Azam threatened.

"Chalein ab sab?" Dadi jaan asked.

"Haan." Everyone cheered.