3 🍂

"Ya Allah tera laakh laakh shukar hai Haya ne haan kardi." Farzana said setting her bag on the couch.

"Aur kyu na karti, mere bhai me koi kami hai kya." Zoya said sitting beside Ibraheem.

"Wo to hai." Javed agreed.

"Maya, beta itni chup chup kyu ho?" Farzana asked Maya who hasn't said a word since they've arrived home.

"Kuch nahi tayyi ammi bas thoda thak gayi hoon." Maya replied meekly.

"Jao beta araam karlo." Javed said patting her head.

"Ji taya Jaan." With that she left.

Zoya quickly followed Maya to her room but stopped when she heard sobs coming from her room. She thought she was hearing things so leaned her ear closer to the door to listen properly.

"How can this happen, he's mine. We were supposed to get married. He loves me not her." Zoya's eyes widened as she heard Maya's words.

She immediately entered the room.

"Maya what are you even saying?" Zoya asked.

"Wo mai wo..." Maya stuttered wiping her tears.

"Kya Maya? Ye kya bol rahi thi?" Maya looked at her feet. " You like Ibraheem bhai? This is ridiculous."

"Aapi I didn't even know how this happened. I'm so sorry." Maya cried. "Ap please kisi ko mat batana, Ibraheem bhai ko to bilkul bhi nahi. Please."

"Mai kisi ko nahi bataungi. But now you should stop. Forget about everything and better be good to bhabhi." Zoya warned.

"I'll try my best, just give me some time. I promise I'll forget everything." Maya said.

"Okay. Go sleep now." Zoya said and left the room.

Zoya was restless the whole night. She had a bad gut feeling. Why did she feel that Maya is going to cause trouble? She shook her head trying to get rid of these thoughts. She tossed and turned in her bed but couldn't sleep a wink. She walked out of her room and went to the kitchen to make herself a cup of coffee. There she found her brother's head in the fridge, which only meant he was grabbing a midnight snack.

"Bhoo." She said making Ibraheem yelp.

"Ayee zoyii Pagal hai kya?" He said pulling her ear.

"Kya bhai itne bade hogaye hain fir bhi darte hain." She laughed.

"Mujhe laga ammi hain." He said. "Kya kar rhi hai itni rat me yahan?"

"Kuch nahi neend nahi aa rahi to socha coffee pi loon." Zoya shrugged.

"Haan sahi hai, mere liye bhi banana." He said making her roll her eyes.

"Kaam chor." He ruffled her hair and she slapped is hand away.

She prepared two cups of coffee and they both went to the patio. Zoya sat on the swing and Ibraheem sat on one of the recliner chairs.

"So..." Zoya trailed off taking a sip of her drink.

"So?"

"To kabse chal raha tha ye sab?" She asked.

"Kya?"

"Apka aur Haya aapi ka." She smirked.

"Kuch nahi chal raha tha." He said flatly.

"Haan waise chal raha hota to she would've told me. Ammi ne force kara?"

"Nahi, maine hi ammi se kaha tha." He confessed.

"What?" She squealed. "Apko Aapi pasand thi? Kabse? Mujhe bhi nahi bataya." She pouted.

"Pata nahin Zoyii, mujhe sahi me nahi pata," He paused "Bacchi thi wo mere saamne, I've seen her growing into a beautiful woman. She's so kind and compassionate but also childish and adorable at the same time." He explained.

Zoya looked at brother with a smile.

"Bhai you love her."

"I do." His confession made Zoya feel at peace. She knew that she shouldn't be worried now. No matter how hard Maya tries, Ibraheem would never fall in her traps. He loves Haya. And that's what matters.

"Do you think she feels something for me?" Ibraheem asked suddenly.

"Why would she Yes if she didn't feel anything?"

"Maybe because of our parents?"

"No bhai don't overthink. She definitely likes you, you're handsome and rich. And most importantly you love her, which she doesn't know yet I guess, but that's not the point. The point is you have everything a girl can ask for."

"So she likes me?"

"In my opinion, yes. You two should go out sometime. And maybe talk about it." Zoya suggested.

"Maybe. Lekin filhal ab sone chalne chaiye. It's getting late. C'mon now off to bed." He said pulling her up from the swing.

"Good night bhai."

"Night zoyii."