13 🍂

Zoya followed Haya outside where she was wiping the tears of off her face. She sad beside her and put a hand on the older's shoulder, giving it a gentle squeeze, silently comforting her.

"Bhabhi.." Zoya called out quietly.

"Apka aur bhai ka jhagda chal raha hai?" The older nodded.

"Kyu?"

"Tumhe bataungi to bhi yaqeen nahi karogi. Jaise Ibraheem nahi kar rahe." She mumbled looking away.

"Nahi bhabhi aisa mat bolen, bataen to sahi..." Zoya reassured.

"I told Ibraheem that Maya loves him, and not as a brother if I may add." Zoya's eyes widened as soon as the words escaped Haya's mouth. She scoffed as she noticed Zoya's expression.

"Pata tha tumhe bhi yaqeen nahi ayega. After all she's your beloved cousin." Haya stood up to walk past Zoya.

"Apko kaise pata chala." Zoya's words made her stop in tracks.

"Tumhe pata tha?"

"Ji. Maine usko bohot samjhaya ke bhai ka khayal dil se nikal de, aur maine use dhamki bhi di thi ke agar usne aplogo ka rishta kharab karne ki koshish ki to bhai ko sab bata dungi, usne mujhse wada kiya tha ke wo kuch nahi karegi but I should've known better." Zoya cried. "It's my fault. I should've told bhai from the start. I thought it was a mere crush, it would go away once she sees bhai being happy with you but It didn't happen. I'm so sorry. It's my fault."

Haya pulled her into her embrace and rubbed her back.

"It's not your fault. It's Maya's fault for being immature. It's Ibraheem's fault for being oblivious. It's can be anyone's fault but not yours. Don't blame yourself okay?"

"Par.."

"Par war kuch nahi. Mujhe pata hai tumhe jo sahi laga tumne wo kara. Tumhare bhai mujhse itni bhi mohbbat nahi karte jitna hume lagta tha."

"Nahi bhabhi wo apse bohot pyaar karte hain." Haya scoffed. "Mera khayal hai hume andar chalna chaiye."

"Ji."

"Zoyi tension mat lo. Sab thik ho jaega."

"Hopefully."

The two of them walked inside the house and went to their respective bedrooms. Haya saw Ibraheem on the bed his back resting against the headboard, as he typed something on his laptop. He didn't even bother to look at her. She felt herself tearing up so she walked to the balcony, since she didn't want him to see her cry. If this silent treatment isn't effecting him then she'll pretend she's fine too.

She stood there, feeling the cold breeze nipping at her skin. She sighed wrapping her arms around herself, Ibraheem would always wrap his arms around her while she watched the moon. He would whisper, in her ear, how much he loves her.

Although he loves her more than anything in the whole world, his anger seems to get the best him and makes him loose control. Everytime he apologizes, he ends up making the same mistake.

Ibraheem looked at balcony door as soon she walked out. He knew she loved watching the moon at night, when she couldn't sleep. And he loved watching her and hold her in his arms. He wanted to go out so bad. Hold her and tell her he only loves her.

After debating with himself, he doesn't disturb her, telling himself that she needs space, he lays on his back and closes his eyes, trying to sleep. A few minutes later, Haya comes back into the room and sees Ibraheem's sleeping figure, who in reality was not sleeping.

She got into bed and laid on her back. She stared at the ceiling. A gasp left her lips as she felt a hand on her waist. She tried pushing it away but to no avail. Ibraheem knew she thought he was sleeping, so he took advantage of the situation. He can't sleep peacefully without cuddling her. He pulled her closer, still pretending to sleep. Her head was now resting on his shoulder.

She pushed his hair away from his face. Her fingers caressing his face. She kept looking at the man she held dear. The one she loved the most.

"Why did you have to hurt me this bad, Ibbi.?" She whispered not knowing he's awake. Ibraheem his hardest to not giving any reaction. He wanted to tell her that this will be the last time he's done it. He'd stay away from Maya even if the accusations are false. But he refrains, scared she'd push him away, yet again.

In the middle of the night, Haya got out of Ibraheem's embrace and walked out of the room. She descended down the stairs and reached the kitchen. Ibraheem woke up confused when he didn't find his wife next to him. So he walked out of the room to find her, he heard voices when he reached downstairs.

"Kya hua Ibraheem ne room se nikal diya?" Haya turned around to see Maya standing there with a smug face. She didn't even bother to answer and moved past her, but that didn't stop Maya from pestering her.

"Kya baat hai kuch bol kyu nahi rahin!" Maya snickered following behind the older.

"Abhi to maine kuch kiya bhi nahi, tab hi itna faasla agaya dono mein." Maya giggled. Haya stopped and glared at her.

"Kuch karne ki zaroorat bhi nahi padegi."

"Aw maidan chor ke bhaag rahi ho?"

"Nahi, himmat nahi hai ab bas ladne ki."

"Mujhse jeet bhi nahi paogi."

"Apne baare me itna gumaan mat paalo. Mai tumse kabhi ladi hi nahi, I was fighting for my love. And now I've stopped." Haya said with a fake smile which broke Ibraheem's heart who was listening their whole conversation.

"Hate to break it you but you didn't win, I'm letting you win." The smug look on Maya's face was replaced by an annoyed one and she raised her hand to slap her but before she could, Haya fell to the ground, unconscious.

Maya panicked as she saw Haya fall to the ground. Before she could comprehend the situation, Ibraheem entered the room. He somehow managed to control his anger and tried to focus on his wife. He picked her up, bridal style and started walking.

"Ibraheem bhai.." Maya trailed off, hastily.

Ibraheem didn't pay any heed to Maya immediately rushed outside. Maya followed and helped Ibraheem place Haya in the car. Without a word Ibraheem drove away.

He drove as fast as he could without crashing. His mind filled with rage. He felt a wave of guilt and anger wash over him. Guilt, that he didn't trust his wife. Anger, that let himself be manipulated by his own cousin. Most importantly he was worried about his love's well being. All of his emotions were all over the place. His knuckles turned white as he gripped the steering wheel.

This wouldn't have happened, if only he believed his wife.