13 🦋

Everything has been going smoothly ever since Eid. No petty arguments among the couple or banter among the siblings. This is the most intense time of the year, when everyone had their final exams.

Junaid and Seher had their final year of their bachelor so they were very busy and didn't have the time argue. Although Seher is a year younger than Junaid, they're in the same class since she started her studies earlier.

Seher was in her room being tutored by Zainab who has already completed her bachelor's degree in the same subject and is now doing her master's.

"Chalo ab thoda sa break lelo, kabse padh rahi ho." Zainab said closing the books.

"Bas do exams aur fire chutti." Seher stretched her arms.

"Exam khatam hone ki khushi ya fir rukhsati ki?" Zainab teased.

"Kya yrr api abhi to date bhi fix nahi hui hai." The younger pouted.

"Wo bhi ho jaegi." She said pulling her cheeks.

"Apki bhi to engagement ki date fix hone wali hai, Umair bhai ki fikar karein." She giggled.

"Haww badtameez." Zainab gasped dramatically.

"Haan aur jab mujhe aur Furqaan ko chedti thin tab ke bare kya khayal hai." The younger retroted with a smile.

The next Seher got ready for college. She grabbed her bag and went downstairs. She saw Dadi jaan sitting in the dining room having breakfast with Azam and Samiya.

"Assalamualaikum." She greeted them.

"Walekumassalam." Everyone replied.

"Baitho Seher nashta Karo humare saath." Azam said.

"Haan baitho mai tumhare liye omlette bana kar laati hoon." Samiya said getting up.

"Nahi bhabhi mujhe bilkul bhi bhook nahi lag rahi hai."

"Beta bina kuch khae exam kaise dogi?" Dadi jaan asked.

"Kuch nahi hota, dadi jaan. Waise bhi agar late hogayi to Junaid mujhe chor ke chala jaega." Seher said gulping down a glass of water.

"Jaane do use mai chor dunga tumhe. Baith kar nashta Karo." Furqaan said entering the dining room.

He sat down and signalled her to sit beside him. She sat down yet she didn't eat anything.

"Khaogi ya khud khilaun?" He said not even looking her.

She quickly grabbed a toast and started munching on it. Because knowing him, he would do it.

"Chalein?" He asked after ten minutes, which felt like an eternity to Seher.

"Ji." She said getting up. "Allah hafiz dadi jaan."

"Allah hafiz beta."

"Mai bhi nikalta hoon." Azam said getting up.

"Best of luck for your exam." Samiya said.

"Thank you bhabhi."

"Sambhal kar jana beta." Dadi jaan told the three of them.

~~~~

Furqaan opened the car door for Seher and she got inside mumbling a Thank you. He also got in and started driving.

"Nervous?" He asked.

"Thodi si. Waise to api ne sab bohot ache se explain kara hai but maine suna h paper lengthy hai." She fiddled with her hands.

"Don't worry. You'll do great." He said holding her hand. He smiled at her and she felt calm.

"Last paper kab hai?"

"2 din baad."

"Shukar." He spoke making her push him lightly. "Kuch galat kaha kya?" He laughed.

"Sharam karein." She said trying not to smile yet failing miserably.

He parked the car infront of her college gate.

"Best of luck. Call me when you're done I'll pick you up." He said kissing her knuckles.

"Okay. Drive safe." She said getting out. He nodded his head and waited for her to inside. He left as she disappeared out of sight.

~~2 days later~~

"Yaa Allah tera shukar." Junaid and Seher yelled as soon as they entered the house.

"Sukoon." Junaid said throwing himself in the couch.

"Haan yrr finally." Seher did the same.

"Agaye mere bacche." Sameena said coming with two glasses of juice.

"Thank you tayi ammi." They both said together grabbing a glass each.

"Kaisa gaya paper?"

"Acha tha." Junaid said.

"Mera bhi thik tha." Seher replied.

"Chalo accha hai. Jao ab jakar araam karo. Sham me dadi jaan ke saath meeting hai." Sameena said making them both laugh.

In the evening, everyone gathered in the living since dadi Jaan has called a 'meeting'.

"Haan to beta ab Seher ke exams bhi ho gaye hain to mere khayal me ab Rukhsati ki date bhi fix kar leni chaiye." Dadi jaan started.

"Par ammi pehly Zainab ki mangni honi hai na." Abbas said.

"Haan pehle Zainab ki mangni hi hogi, aaj tarikh tay kar lete hai kyunki tayyariyon ke liye bhi to waqt chahiye hoga." Dadi jaan explained.

"Haan sahi hai." Aslam said.

"Beta Zainab, Azam aur Furqaan se pucho kab aa rahe hain." Sameena said.

"Ji ammi" She said grabbing her phone. "Offo ye to dead hai. Seher apna phone dena."

"Ye lijiye." She handed zainab her phone.

Zainab called Furqaan from Seher's phone.

"Ji janab." He said as soon as he picked up.

"Bhai dadi jaan puch rahi hain ap kab ayengy." Zainab said.

"Bhai?" He asked confused not realising.

"Waah, itne Dawe karte hain mohbbat ke aur Biwi aur behen ki awaz me farak nahi pata kar paa rhe." She replied.

"Tumhare paas apna khud ka phone nahi hai?" He asked annoyed.

"Wo sab chorein, ap aur bhai jaan jaldi ghar aaen dadi jaan bula rahi hain."

"Acha thik hai mai bhai se bol deta hoon." He said and hung up.

Furqaan left his office and called his mother informing that he's on his way and that Azam would join them soon since he had last minute meeting.

While waiting for them to arrive the house phone rang. Ayesha ran and answered the phone.

"Hello."

"Hello, Furqaan Aslam ke ghar se bol rahi hain?"

"Ji mai unki behen hoon."

"Ayesha beta kon hai phone py?" Fareha asked.

"Ammi hospital se phone tha Furqaan bhai ka accident hogaya hai."